Author Topic: Anyone want to see Maxwell's Brothers. The photos are in.  (Read 2934 times)

Offline Saintly Girl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maxwell
    • View Profile
Anyone want to see Maxwell's Brothers. The photos are in.
« on: September 30, 2005, 09:12:58 pm »
Here are Maxwell's brothers Bernie and Mason.  Bernie is the oldest at almost 3, Mason is 2 and Maxwell is a little over 1.  Bernie and Mason are both nice and slim and were surprisingly smaller then My big lardo Max.  Ha Ha.  Bernie's leg bones were much thicker then Maxwell's so I'm thinking Maxwell still has a lot of bone mass to get.  Both Saints had very slim torsos as compared to Maxwell.  Both the brothers  and Maxwell aren't overweight nor underweight so I found it strange that their rib cages and torso size differed so.  All three had the same great personality which was nice.  I got a chance to cuddle the brothers and it was nice.  I was worried about Max'sbow leggedness but neither brothers had the same problem so I'm thinking Maxwell will grow out of it.  I'm glad to see the brothers were hd free which gives me hope that Maxell won't have it neither.  Maxwell is 15 months now so I'm going to wait on the xrays until he is over 2 unless I notice he's in pain.  I neglected to mention BPO to the other owners and I'm kicking myself for it but I'll tell them about it next year at the dog jog if they attend again.  It was a really fun experience and we got a chance to discuss any issues we commonly had.

Yaz

Re: Anyone want to see Maxwell's Brothers. The photos are in.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 10:11:48 pm »
What handsome boys they are! I think you're right about Maxwell growing out of the legs - I have a friend who had a English Mastiff who had similar legs that complete straightened by age two. The giant breeds just take a bit longer for all of these things.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 10:29:06 pm »
What handsome doggies!  Did your Maxwell get to meet his brothers too?

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 11:53:50 pm »
Those boys are beautiful!! How are all three of them related? Same dad or mom? And glad to hear that Maxwell's legs may just be a growth thing. He is going to be one incredible size if he is bigger than his two brothers already at a year!!!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline Saintly Girl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maxwell
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 06:29:17 am »
Maxwell did meet his brothers.  You can kind of see him in the back of the guy with the yellow shirt on.  Couldn't fit all three in the same photo.  We really wanted photos of just the brothers.  They have the same Mom and Dad.  The three do all look a lot alike besides the size thing.  They are all pretty mellow.  There was a 4th saint at the show.  Unrelated.  His name was gus and we didn't get a shot of him but we did get him on video.  He was 6 years old and he comes from the Vendemeer Saints in Ontario.  The lady who owned Gus said our boys had really good temperaments.  Gus has his papers and is registered.  Our three boys are not.  Gus was really big boned and quite a bit shorter then ours.  I believe our boys parents are from Quebec.  I know their mom was for sure because that's what the breeder told me.  When we picked up little Maxwell we were so excited that we didn't ask enough questions.  Talk about adrenaline rush.  That was a super happy day for sure.  He was such a sweet puppy.