Author Topic: Does any know about Fauty Color's in Saint Bernard's we where told mollys Fauty,  (Read 13113 times)

nickerbokker

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re:Dog Show's Can be fun,for you and your Dog to Go!!!!
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2005, 08:50:42 am »
:-*I mean,they put so much work into it and oh yes there are some Snob's but not all,you could meet some,very nice peaple there for training and thing;s like that,if u think of it i myself would like to hit one too,! i am looking for a Saint Bernard Fall Vest!! If any one know about that?? But there are all kinds of peaple out there and u never, know where u might meet a really nice person but by sitting home it will never happen!!!l,m,l!!!! :-* :-* :-* :-*
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers

oh gosh, I forgot to even mention the shopping at dog shows. :D

I always look forward to the Christmas one nearby here, they have such darling things to buy.

Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
We,must of same Age,i  feel the same! way, this say's it all! Good job!!We will be at the next dog show I am looking for a Saint Bernard Feast? any one Heard o this????????????????????????????M.L.!!!!!!!

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
snobs at the dog shows
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2005, 09:43:46 pm »

The reason why you have a Saint Bernard is because there is a breed standard that describes what the perfect Saint Bernard should look like.

Caring breeders show their dogs to see how they stack up against their peers, and because it is the responsible thing to do if you are going to breed dogs.

I RESENT being tarred with your broad brush regarding dog shows and show dogs. I have shown dogs for MANY years. All my dogs are pets first and show dogs second.

Even in the most carefully planned litters, there will likely be puppies who, in the opinion of the breeder, do not make the grade as far as show or breeding prospects. These puppies make marvelous pets, and deserve responsible loving homes.

It is quite simple to find the Saint Bernard Breed Standard at the AKC's website. http://www.akc.org

Blue eyes are not acceptable for the show ring or for breeding, in Saint Bernards.

Luckily they do not affect the lovability scale of dogs.

There are many of us out here who have studied our chosen breeds for years, and strive to produce ONLY the very best. One of the ways we educate ourself in our quest for excellence is to attend dog shows, and show our dogs.

I RESENT your insinuation that people who attend dog shows or show their dogs are all snobs, or that it is such an evil place that you would need a HOLY WATER BLESSING BEFORE ATTENDING, OR that is it not a fun event for dogs.

Dogs who do not have fun in the show ring don't do very well.

My dogs LOVE dog shows. They CLAMOR for their lead to be put on to go to the ring, and most of the time I have to drag them away from the rings.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
i have 2 dogs who just love the show ring,they are just hams, on the other hand
, one hates to show, we know this because we already showed her and won her int'l championship,,,,,,, but she hated the ring, so now she is retired from dog shows.
she still likes to watch her "family" show.  most people i have met, top handlers, show dog owners and even judges are so nice,,,,,,,,,, SNOBS,,,,,,,, SOME MAYBE
, BUT NOT ALL,, you can't judge people from the passions they have, and if it wasnt for "show people" you wouldnt have the wonderful breed you have.     at the shows, is where you see  the breed you might want and how they should look via the standard, meet breeders that have produced champions,,,,,,(a dog that meets and exceeds the stand, temperments etc.)

all my past and dogs i have now are all from show stock, or i bred them myself.
we all love our dogs, no matter what, but when breeding, you want to be able to offer some sound, out of champion parents, or grandparents out of possibly the specials dog(dogs in the top 20 of the breed),   not  where it says champion bloodlines from 20 generations ago(good enough to win, good enough to breed),, puppies that were bred for a reason, to improve the breed, and look for that,ummmmmmmmm  almost pefect puppy.,,,, puppies to perpective buyers, not your local BYB or,  god forbid, a pet store pup, from a puppy mill
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
I RESENT your insinuation that people who attend dog shows or show their dogs are all snobs, or that it is such an evil place that you would need a HOLY WATER BLESSING BEFORE ATTENDING, OR that is it not a fun event for dogs.

thanks red  i couldnt have said it better

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers

The original poster has apologized to me in private.

She did not intend her remarks to offend at all.

:D
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
appology is excepted ,,  we all have our opinons

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Dear Taijin, I Did not mean to  I am very sorry to have hurt you and other's here,I use'd the wrong word,yes molly does, have a Blue eye,I feel the rest of her color is great,Life can be so Stress full that was my thought, on the matter,my life has had,Twist and I Love my Dog's So much I Protect them,like a mother Hen!!! I Truly am sorry to you and any one else for this mise understanding!!!m,l!!!

GYPSY JAZMINE

Dear Taijin, I Did not mean to  I am very sorry to have hurt you and other's here,I use'd the wrong word,yes molly does, have a Blue eye,I feel the rest of her color is great,Life can be so Stress full that was my thought, on the matter,my life has had,Twist and I Love my Dog's So much I Protect them,like a mother Hen!!! I Truly am sorry to you and any one else for this mise understanding!!!m,l!!!
We can all get like that when someone questions the beauty of our own...Pippin is a show quality dog...Samson has alot to him that isn't the "proper"...I love them both more than life & wouldn't change a thing about either...They are who they are meant to be & that is perfect to me.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Cowboy has epilepsy and is neutered....Ch ester's tail was bitten and when he was with his litter and he may carry his tail too high  ....and I have no pedigree at all.  NONE of us are show quality but we all have our good bits and are still loveable to those that love us.  Thank God there are those that produce the "good ones" so we can enjoy our breeds that we've all learned to love more than just about anything!

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
loving your dog is the most important part of having a pet, show or not, perfect to the standard, or not.
dogs are part of the family,,,,

appology is excepted and thank you

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Cowboy has epilepsy and is neutered....Ch ester's tail was bitten and when he was with his litter and he may carry his tail too high  ....and I have no pedigree at all.  NONE of us are show quality but we all have our good bits and are still loveable to those that love us.  Thank God there are those that produce the "good ones" so we can enjoy our breeds that we've all learned to love more than just about anything!
there might be a post that can tell you the pedigree, i know we have it for ridgebacks
try asking the breed club for a link

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Mary Lee-
Molly is a beautiful little pup with a blue eye. Love her and hug her and kiss her. Who cares if she isn't perfect according to the standard? She is your baby! Give her kisses from Bear and I alright! And tell her that we love her too.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: This our Land Where we will be living The Front of it!Nice Ha!!!!
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2005, 10:55:00 pm »
:-*Herkeramer,N,Y, ;)molly&Maggie this about two week's ago, so she is a little bigger know ,i love wild flower's. and Country Music,!!and my molly&Maggie ::),l,m,l, :-*