Author Topic: Amtrak ride  (Read 3157 times)

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Amtrak ride
« on: October 04, 2005, 09:42:02 am »
This Really happened to me yesterday.  My dad (93 years old)
was visiting for the weekend and I drove yesterday to the train station for his trip home.  Dad says "Peggy, I can't walk well so jump on the train and get me a good seat and save it".  So I jump on the train and can't find a good seat.  Then I try another car and found a so-so one.  Now I always take Niki with her cape on so she mingles with people and loud noises like train engines.  By the time Dad reaches us, he is complaining that the seat is facing the wrong direction and wasn't a window seat,  but I knew I had to leave.  I have to back off for a guy on a walker and then I realize that train is moving.  Oh no 45 minutes till the next stop which is Hanford.  I had no money on me so Dad is shoving 20's at me.  The conductor thought it was funny.  2 and a half more hours before the northbound train leaves Hanford so I can get back. We wander around Hanford shopping and checking out the sites.  It is strange how some people are afraid of big dogs even with a Therapy Dog vest on.  Oh yeh, hang on to your hot dog.  Finally got on the train back after Niki was entertaining everybody in the station with her tricks.  On the train I decided to go in the upper level.  We sat in a four seat section  with a table in between us.  Niki got on the seat facing me sitting up.  I said "wanna play cards?'  By the time we got to Fresno she had the whole car laughing.  She went up and down the aisles picking up papers and things for the passengers. 

Turned out a fun day.  I did not tell my husband and don't think I will.  I came out ahead too because Amtrak did not charge me for either way so now I have extra 20's. hahaha 

Peggy
Peggy

BabsT

Re: Amtrak ride
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 09:43:47 am »
Thats a cute story and good for your dad taking the train at 93 years old

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 10:28:47 am »
cool story.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 10:30:40 am »
That is a GREAT story!
And Niki was an Angel.
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 10:51:34 am »
Ahhh Niki....always the main attraction with her awesome talents! She's such a great dog Peg.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.