Poll

How often do you tune into the Africa Cam?

Rarely
0 (0%)
At least once a day
0 (0%)
A few times a day
2 (50%)
I never turn it off
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Africa Cam Obsession  (Read 4462 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Africa Cam Obsession
« on: October 04, 2005, 12:54:26 pm »
I am Jaime, and I am obsessed with the Africa Cam.  :-\

I found myself talking about the Africa Cam tonight and about the animals, etc and realized that I really do tune into it every night just to see the anmimals. It is quickly becoming a new nightly ritual. I love it and have to watch it. I'm even thinking of putting it on the tv at school in the morning just so that the kids can see how cool it is! So what about you other BPOers? Anyone becoming obsessed??
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Blair

Re: Africa Cam Obsession
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 12:56:59 pm »
LOL I am in the same boat as you. On my days off the africa cam is on all day long LOL My daughters love watcing it.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 01:08:02 pm »
During the day, I have 4-5 internet connections running at once, with the Africa cam one of them.  I just keep it minimized and listen to all the birds and bugs.  I look in when I hear splashes in the water to see if something is there.

Some problems today with keeping it on all day.  For some reason the sound went out for awhile, but I don't mind.......... ..lol.  I find this fascinating, since I wanted to go to school for zoology originally, and did work in a zoo for awhile.  I feel like I'm home.   ;D

DakotaMom

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 01:20:17 pm »
I work as security for a company that relies heavily on the welfare of our animal kingdom. My evenings can get pretty boring sometimes so it will be nice to have someting to watch.

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 01:20:59 pm »
I check in at least once each time I log in if it is early morning or late evening.  About a week ago I saw an elephant but haven't seen another one again.  Have any of you? Looks like it makes a hot every 10 seconds.  I wonder how many cameras they are using and at what angles they are on the pond.  Neat site, I have forwarded it to many of my friends.

Peggy
Peggy

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 01:48:38 pm »
I watch it all the time.
I'd be right up there with Peggy in BPO status if I didn't spend so much time on the Africa Cam!
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

angelsmama

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 02:00:47 pm »
africa cam?  ??? ??? ???

Offline Heighway

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Webster at 8 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 02:08:41 pm »
Webster gets me up during the night  I don't mind, I turn on the Africa Cam, makes it early morning there and there is always activitiy.  Herds of elephants!!! I've told everyone I know about this site.  It's great.
Karen

nickerbokker

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 02:22:55 pm »
hi, i am nicki, and i TOO am obsessed with africa cam. 

what i originally thought was some sort of computer generated prank, has now turned into the highlight of my life.  when i wake up, i come check the cam.  after i pee, i come check the cam.  after i eat, i come check the cam.  when i get home, i come check the cam.  and you better believe, when i see an elephant, my eyes are glued to the computer screen.  then, when the camera dude pans away from the elephant, i have a fit. 

just tonight i TOO found myself talking about the cam and how much it has enriched my life  ;).  i was eve talking about looking up animals in the encyclopedia. 

i said i was addicted, never claimed not to be sad lol. 

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 04:12:21 pm »
I just left there.
Saw a herd of Elephants with a baby. A Warthog family wallowing in the Mud, Ma, Pa, and the two kids. Ostriches. Lots of Impalas.
And best of all, a Crocodile!
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 12:11:41 am »
Right now there is a large herd of wildebeasts. I'm bloddy addicted as well!
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 12:46:40 am »
Me and the kids are SO addicted to this site.  and I finally figured out how to do the screenshots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o

Here's the wildebeast, zebras and then two warthogs... can't wait until tonight when the color is back on and I can take some better ones!  ;D

OmG  while I was posting two jackals came and I was able to get them.  *drool!*
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 12:47:54 am »
oops, got so excited about the jackals, i forgot the warthogs.   :-[
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 12:52:01 am »
AGHHHHH I can't get real player to load on my PC!  I've been wanting to see this too!  Ever since I was talking to Mone in the hospital and some weird thing started quacking nonstop wicked loud.  She had to turn off the sound because it wouldn't stop.  :'(  I wanna be obsessed like everyone else!
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 01:00:22 am »
AGHHHHH I can't get real player to load on my PC!  I've been wanting to see this too!  Ever since I was talking to Mone in the hospital and some weird thing started quacking nonstop wicked loud.  She had to turn off the sound because it wouldn't stop.  :'(  I wanna be obsessed like everyone else!

Ang, try the panda cam off this page...  It is no Africa cam, but at least the panda is up and about right now... 

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/videos/index.html
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*