Author Topic: Rocky's big day at the dog park  (Read 4024 times)

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Rocky's big day at the dog park
« on: October 15, 2005, 09:34:12 pm »
I was so jealous that so many of you have dog parks in your area that I google searched and found one in my area! ;D We took Rocky and my daughters dogs, Princess Leiah (Rocky's  sister) and Kuma her Akita to the park yesterday. They had a ball! The parents(us) were nervous at first but once we got over that it was a great day. True to his Pyr nature, Rocky had a huge burst of energy then found the best spot to lounge!

Offline babs2Sully

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Rocky's big day at the dog park
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 09:39:13 pm »
Looks like a great time!! Sully's good for that too...great energy bursts and then... ahhh..rest...

I just googled the same thing for my area (eastern PA) and found there are bunches of them...some in the city..some outside...

We took Sullivan to Riverside Park in NYC (Manhattan) a few weeks ago when we went to visit his previous owner and her IWs..they have a doggie park...It's pretty cool...

I never saw so many different breeds of dogs walking through that park...just amazing...name one..I probably saw it!!  LOL

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 10:18:31 pm »
Looks like a great time!  Rocky and his sister are such cuties!  They are growing up fast though.  :)

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 11:05:16 pm »
Looks like they had a blast!  That's awesome you found a doggie park near you, we still have none.  Maybe someday, but for now Koby's just gonna have to do his twirly zoomies on our backyard. lol  Rocky's fur is also growing back nicely I see! ;)

Andi

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 12:47:52 am »
That's so great you found one in your area.  They looked like they had alot of fun running around and resting.

I will miss out dog park when we move.  I've already looked where we are going, and the closest one is at least a 1/2 hr drive away.   :P

Blair

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 01:26:37 am »
Great pictures!!! Rocky has gotten big and very handsome....We have no dogie parks down here. I didnt even know what a dog park or doggie daycare was till I started visiting online dog groups LOL

Kiahpyr

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 10:47:47 am »
I'm glad they had a good time. I love your new avatar! Rocky is such a big boy!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 08:27:45 pm »
 ;D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 08:35:34 pm »
I was so jealous that so many of you have dog parks in your area that I google searched and found one in my area! ;D We took Rocky and my daughters dogs, Princess Leiah (Rocky'sĀ  sister) and Kuma her Akita to the park yesterday. They had a ball! The parents(us) were nervous at first but once we got over that it was a great day. True to his Pyr nature, Rocky had a huge burst of energy then found the best spot to lounge!
Way cool!  I'll have to do that too.  There's a dog water park in our "area" about 40 miles away.  but I've heard there's a park somewhere closer.  No matter which one it's kinda far away.  But maybe I can find one closer like you did.
Looks like your pups had a great time.  I like the pic of them under the picnic table.