Author Topic: Getting a Foster tomorrow  (Read 16007 times)

Spook

Getting a Foster tomorrow
« on: October 07, 2005, 02:37:56 am »
Hiya Everyone!

getting our first Foster hound tomorrow. A 5yr old male named Socks.. very excited about it. Going to surprise the heck out of my hubby.. he knew that a hound was coming but wasn't expecting him until next friday.  We look forward to fostering many more and i am sure along the way ..adopting.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Getting a Foster tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 02:42:31 am »
Good luck with the foster.  ;D It is a very rewarding experience
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 02:54:12 am »
That's great that you are going to foster.  Good luck to you.  I want to foster, but have to wait a few years until we stop moving around.

Offline LoveMySiberian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Barks 'N Bites Pet Sitting and Day Care
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2005, 03:19:06 am »
Good luck with your foster! It is such a rewarding experience, but SO hard not to fall in love and adopt your foster.. which is what happened to me with Taz  :P
Jackie
Taz's Mom

Offline mountaindogmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Jack & Greta's Pics
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 07:17:00 pm »
I just signed up for my first foster as well.  She's a 6 month old Geman Shepherd/Greyound mix (supposedly).  She was scheduled to be euthanized today at the pound but I stepped in an a local rescue (near the pound) helped me to pull her.  She's about 3 hours away so that rescue is going to keep her until she's spayed in a few days so I only have to make the one trip.  I'm excited, and a little terrified!  The main concern is just the balance of our pack (2 dogs, 3 cats) and how she will effect it, but we'll work through it somehow.  I thought my hubby would kill me when I suggested it but he came around quickly and now said he's "excited about the challenge", so I think we are both ready.  I think she'll arrive sometime this weekend or the beginning of next week, depending on the spay availability.  Then the "fun" begins!  :-\  Time go go read up on Greyhounds, German Shepherds, and fostering!  ;)
Greta - Greater Swiss Mountain Dog (DOB 5-20-06)
Jack - Great Pyrenees (DOB 12-26-06)
& Three Kitties - Zoie, Bella & Nessie!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 07:35:20 pm »
I just signed up for my first foster as well.  She's a 6 month old Geman Shepherd/Greyound mix (supposedly).  She was scheduled to be euthanized today at the pound but I stepped in an a local rescue (near the pound) helped me to pull her.  She's about 3 hours away so that rescue is going to keep her until she's spayed in a few days so I only have to make the one trip.  I'm excited, and a little terrified!  The main concern is just the balance of our pack (2 dogs, 3 cats) and how she will effect it, but we'll work through it somehow.  I thought my hubby would kill me when I suggested it but he came around quickly and now said he's "excited about the challenge", so I think we are both ready.  I think she'll arrive sometime this weekend or the beginning of next week, depending on the spay availability.  Then the "fun" begins!  :-\  Time go go read up on Greyhounds, German Shepherds, and fostering!  ;)

You are doing a wonderful thing by saving this little girl!!  I can't wait to hear more about her after you bring her home.  Great job!!!!!!   ;)  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 11:03:34 pm »
Thank you and god bless you- the rescue groups need more people like you and your husband. Its one more life that has been spared and now this little girl has a chance at a future of being loved and wanted.... Congrats and please post some pics.