Author Topic: Any Suggestions  (Read 4355 times)

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Any Suggestions
« on: October 07, 2005, 10:30:41 pm »
Molly has been doing pretty good with housebreaking, but now it has been raining pretty hard and she is peeing in the house. I'm getting tired of this. If anyone has any suggestions I would apperiate it.
Jenn

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
Re: Any Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 03:32:51 am »

1) get a good raincoat

2) Walk the puppy on schedule, even if it's raining. FOOD REWARD all outdoor elimination, and use lots of verbal praise. Name eliminations (Go Pee Pee) WHILE they are happening, and food reward immediately afterward.

3) Supervise the puppy during all housetime outside the crate. By supervise I mean if you do not have your eyes ON the puppy, she should be in a safe area like a crate, or leashed to your belt. Use baby gates to keep her in the room with you.

At the same time use the rolled up newspaper trick. It works every time. The very next time you find a spot where she has urinated when you were not looking, take out the rolled up paper, and hit YOURSELF over the head with it several times as you repeat: I FORGOT TO WATCH MY PUPPY.

;)
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Offline MurphDane

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 05:05:28 am »

At the same time use the rolled up newspaper trick. It works every time. The very next time you find a spot where she has urinated when you were not looking, take out the rolled up paper, and hit YOURSELF over the head with it several times as you repeat: I FORGOT TO WATCH MY PUPPY.

;)

LOL, you give the best advice.....  So funny.   ;D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 09:32:57 am »
Great advice here.

I had the same problem when we were potty training Gunther and got all that rain here in CA last winter/spring.  He refused to go out in the rain.

I tried walking out there with him which usually worked if it was just sprinkling.  But during one bad downpour, I had to resort to leashing him every 15 minutes and coaxing him out in the yard.

It took about an hour and a half once to get him to finish his yard duty, which was a very long morning for me.  :P

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 10:01:29 am »
I suggest you get a golf umbrella. I have one that I use to take zoey out in the rain and I love it! They are 62" wide - big enough to cover a person and a dog. They're only like $20 and you can get them at any sporting goods store.
RIP former BPO

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 11:33:10 am »
We started back at square one with house breaking. I don't let her out of my sight  it's suggest I don't always pay attention.

;)

Good one. Had to laugh. I use to live in Lakewood, Washignton, rain is no problem for me. Thanks for the advice.
Jenn

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Our Molly Sleep's in A Crate!then Goes out When She Get's up!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 10:40:17 pm »
:oHelloWe Keep Molly in her Crate for her Nap's and she take's alot,and when she get's up she goes out,after each meal she goes out,after avery,45,min of play she goes out,But that is Depending on how much water they had,u need to remember they are puppies,and there Blatter's are small they can't hold it,all!!you to keep them to a small place mine play where the door is to go out, she is Begining,to go to the door,We Alway's Train in a Crate We have a The Biggest they make!!!! They Sleep in them ;)This the best thing she has been in here since we got her and love's it!she has toy's,that way i can get thing's done!!m,l,molly&Maggie!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005, 11:00:49 pm »
I Agree,we have Gate's they work and if u don't use them your puppy will EAT YOUR FURNITURE!!!!!!!! I MEAN THIS!!!! THEY like to Chew on Everything But What U Buy For Them So If You Want Your Fur,Rug'sGate's and if that is not enough, Use a Clock Time your Puppy! PEE Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TEa Time PEE Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!M,L,

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2005, 11:02:59 pm »
Does Every Like my PEE Time!!!!! Funny!!!!!M,L,!!