Author Topic: I got my puppy girl! And she's a hero too!!!  (Read 11939 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
I got my puppy girl! And she's a hero too!!!
« on: October 10, 2005, 02:30:07 am »
As many of you know I have recently been obsessed with finding puppies on petfinder, and changing my mind every 5 minutes about what breed to get, blah blah blah. Well, you know, Friday I posted that I saw some cute pups... http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,4275.0.html

Well... my days on Petfinder are over, because I have my girl!  ;D And guess who adopted her two scruffy brothers!?! My landlords!!!!!  :D So the pups were listed as Irish Wolfhound mixes, but only two of the boys had the scruffy look. The other two were creamy white, a male and a female. I picked up the little girl and noticed... DOUBLE BACK DEWCLAWS!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!! SHE'S MINE!!!! :D :D :D

I didn't decide right away of course, I paced around and wished a computer was nearby to get some help on BPO about whether to go for it... but I guess I knew what everyone would have said!!
So, take a look at my new girl! I named her "Mokey" after the shy fraggle on Fraggle Rock. She has the perfect personality.

AND... she saved my car from getting stolen last night! I was asleep, and woke up in the middle of the night because little Mokey started to stir so I picked her up to go outside. I went out the front door and set her down in the grass. Something caught my eye in my car. Yes IN my car. Something was moving in my car, in my driveway, and it was a MAN!!! It was 2 o'clock in the morning and there was a man in my car!!!! I ran inside and got Will and by the time we went back out that guy took off out of there, thank goodness! My back window was broken and he tore up my steering column! This morning when the cop came he said if I hadn't come outside at 2 am my car would be long gone!!! Mokey saved my car!!!!! This has been one crazy weekend.

So my car just got towed off, and Mokey's going to the vet at 3 today. My girl, my sweet little girl. I hardly even care about my car being messed up right now because I found my puppy girl. I am so in love with her. All the boys love her, and she is making herself quite at home. So here are pictures already!!!! :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 02:31:52 am by doghealer »

Nicole

Re: I got my puppy girl! And she's a hero too!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 02:33:46 am »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAY!

That's great, Rebekah! And i TOTALLY love her name! I used to LOVE Fraggle Rock! She's absolutely beautiful! She's obviously fitting right in, too. And how cool that Earthdog adopted her siblings! What a great series of events. Well...minus the car incident.

Who is that other fuzz-face on the couch with your dogs?

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 02:38:31 am »
AWWW!! I'm totally in love with her too! Hooray for Mokey!!! :-*
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 02:38:36 am »
That little fuzzface (hehehe) is Rushmore, Will's terrier. He's awesome. Nigel isn't in that picture because he was in time out for barking at the cat! ;)
I am glad there is someone who can appreciate the fraggle reference!! :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 02:40:43 am by doghealer »

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 02:40:46 am »
No...not Rushmore...the other one...There's Mokey, Rushmore, fuzz-face and Zoot. I'm talking about the fuzz face between Rushmore and Zoot.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 02:41:07 am »
such a cutie! 

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 02:41:57 am »
So I'm assuming her daddy was a Pyrenees, right? Is there another breed who has the double dewclaws... and is white... is this a stupid question?? ;D

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 02:42:49 am »
DUH! Never mind! I just realized that I was (and have been this whole time) thinking of Furley as Rushmore! der!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 02:51:18 am »
Yay!  I am so happy that you got a baby girl to spoil!  I am in love with her already...  That picture of her sleeping (the sleepy mokey one) is the most precious thing ever.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 02:52:22 am by grumpybunny »
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 02:52:01 am »
DUH! Never mind! I just realized that I was (and have been this whole time) thinking of Furley as Rushmore! der!

I know we have a lot of dogs to keep up with!!! Sometimes I forget how many we have!!!
So in that picture it's Mokey, Furley, Rushmore, Zoot! Easy, right?? ;)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 03:11:03 am »
She's so cute! It does looks like she has some pyr in her. I'm so jealous. I want a puppy!!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 03:19:02 am »
She is so cute!!!  Yay! :)

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2005, 03:25:43 am »
I guess I'm just really dense, but what does a double dewclaw mean?

Your new puppy is so sweet.  If I had been there, I would have taken the other one if it looked like Mokey.
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2005, 03:28:34 am »
I guess I'm just really dense, but what does a double dewclaw mean?

Your new puppy is so sweet.  If I had been there, I would have taken the other one if it looked like Mokey.

On Mokey's hind legs, she has two dewclaws. It's a breed characteristic of Great Pyrenees and Briards and Beaucerons, maybe some others. Most dogs either just have a single dewclaw or none on the back legs. So basically, she has extra toes. It's very cute in my opinion!!! ;)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2005, 10:13:36 pm by doghealer »

Blair

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2005, 03:29:43 am »
All your pictures are beautiful...We lcome to BPO Mokey ;D She is such a doll, I look forward to watching her grow up. Congrats on your new baby!