Author Topic: Anyone know Grand Paws Newf Farm?  (Read 10561 times)

Offline mynewfiemychevelle

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Anyone know Grand Paws Newf Farm?
« on: October 12, 2005, 02:24:07 am »
Hello everyone!!!  This is my first ever post, in fact I've been reading your posts for weeks and thanks in part to you all I will be a Newfie daddy this Friday!!!   I was just wondering if any of you were familiar with www.grandpawsn ewffarm.com .   They seem like really nice people, but I'm just a lil scared because of all the horror stories i have heard.  Thank you for your comments, and i will upload a picture as soon as I can!!!

Oscar

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
Re: Anyone know Grand Paws Newf Farm?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 02:42:30 am »
Sorry, dont have an answer for you, but you might want to also ask this at www.newf.net since it is a newfoundland specific board you might be able to get more references.

Brandon
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 02:47:23 am »
Hello Oscar, and welcome to BPO! ;D

Insofar as your question goes, I know there are folks on here that will be able to give you some great ideas, about all I've got to say is, make sure you do your homework!  ;) Due to all the health issue that can affect this wonderful breed, I've heard it suggested that you ask for references going back at least two to three generations on both the stud and the bitch's lines.

If you don't find any other advice thrown out here, you can swing over to http://www.newf.net and take a look at the forums set up there. There are tons of breeders and owners there that might know of this specific breeders, or can answer any questions you might have.

Have a great day!
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 03:11:00 am »
Check your private messages.
you can find that by going to the right hand side of the screen on top.
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

Offline mynewfiemychevelle

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 03:11:12 am »
Thanks for your quick reponses!  I will check out that other site and of course keep checking in here to see if there are any new posts.  I'm nervous, haven't had a puppy in a long time!  Oh and btw, yes i have done quite a bit of homework and am ready for shedding, slobbering and all the other good things that come with newfies!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 04:18:07 am »
Congratulation s on getting a puppy. I can't wait to see pics of the little furball.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 11:45:08 am »
Yay, newfie puppies!  Please post lots of photos!  ;D

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2005, 10:30:37 pm »
Just wondering what happened....do we have a pup yet?  Any pictures you'd care to post????

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2005, 11:27:59 pm »
congrats!! Grand Paws has some really nice looking newfs!
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 12:04:17 am »
BEWARE
that is all i have to say
pm me if you want.
Photography by Christine

Offline AmorosaNewf

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2005, 07:42:44 am »
Hi,

While surfing this evening I came across this website. So I registered just for this question!!
I would like to offer my way of meeting this Grand Paws Happy Farm. As I have facts and witnesses. I was contacted by a buyer of a puppy from the farm. They asked me why was I using a photo of the bitch they claims whelped their puppy that they purchased from grand paws. I was shocked of this that someone would steal my photo off my website and claim that the pups they were selling where that of their bitch, when in actuality it was a photo of my male. Go to my website and click on a photo to try and copy. Grand Paws is the reason for that warning.

The peron whom contacted me purchased this puppy over the internet based on the photo of my dog that grand paws used to advertise over the internet.

I contacted grand paws and asked if the photo on their website under Maggie, was that of their Maggie. The woman said yes, I asked again, is this what Maggie looks like, she again responded yes. I introduced myself gave her my name and made it clear I was the owner of Amorosa Newfoundlands and that the photo they ar eclaiming is their maggie is that of my male Oslo. She quickly said, hold on speak to my husband. I went through the same conversation with him and demanded they remove it at once, they did in less than 5 mins.

My advise to anyone purchasing a puppy.
1) if the breeder doesn't request for you and your family to visit ---beware---would you not want to meet the person you choose to be the caretaker of you kids?
2) if the dogs are not DNA tested----beware---how do you know whom the real parents are?
3) breeder of all sorts have websites, but if they advertise they will ship and ship without having you come and meet them or accept credit cards-----beware.
4)do not belong at least to their regional club, where you can contact rescue/puppy refferal, so that you may get information on this breeder---beware..........also call any breeders local pound and see if there dogs end up there.,
5)If they do not test for genetic deffects in the breed, newfoundlands Hips, elbows, heart & cystinuria---beware, if they can't show you proof of preliminary findings or final results from either OFA, OVC or Penhipp......R un!!!!
And if they have never bred any problems or are not openly hones......... ......run..... .no breed or lines are clear of everything, they all have something.
6)If they are not willing to take back the dog at any age of its life-----beware

No puppy is guarenteed to ever mature to be clear of any deffect, but you have the rigt to decide if you want to share your life with a companion who's chances are greater....... ...........not that the breeder didn't test because he runs and jumps fine.

I could go on & on, but visit visit vist as many as you can, ask ask ask and follow your gut feeling after your done. Don't stop at just the visit to the breeder, call and speak with the Vet and breeder uses.

All the best,
Amorosa Newfoundlands

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2005, 08:54:50 am »
Good for you, i am glad you are here to educate people.
Welcome!!!
:)
i always search for a good way to write this stuff, there was a big to do on her on newf l a year ago for doing the same thing.
Photography by Christine