Author Topic: Is my Megz's Weight ok for her age?  (Read 7868 times)

Offline Smaug

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Is my Megz's Weight ok for her age?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2006, 06:35:29 pm »
tyscrzymom,

Looks you are against "people food".  I am new to raising a puppy Saint so I wanted to make sure I was not doing something wrong.  I have Chase and he is 17 weeks old, just had his vet visit to get his last round of shots and they told us he was 57 pounds and healthy.  We feed him scraps when we finish our meals.  He does not look fat to me but I have never had a puppy Saint before.  Is feeding "people food" bad for puppy Saints?  We will only feed him like ham, cheese, one piece of bacon or two if my wife slips one in, or three bites of stew, and never anything bad like chocolate or anything else that could harm him.  I just wondered if you knew something else or a new study that any other things could hurt him.  We feed him Purina dog chow and have since the day he was able to eat hard food.  Thank you in advance for your input.

Joe
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 06:38:12 pm by Smaug »

Offline Danegirl2208

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Is my Megz's Weight ok for her age?
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 06:56:29 pm »
that is a fine weight for her age..my dane malakai was so small when he was little, litle i thought i would have the smallest dane around..now at 8 months hes already 120lbs..dont rush her growth.some dogs just grow faster than others :)