Author Topic: Pet smart visit (And Aussie puppy pics)  (Read 5455 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Pet smart visit (And Aussie puppy pics)
« on: December 11, 2005, 04:04:39 pm »
OK as some of you know I had to go get Bibs and Bose licensed today.  (Matt kept forgetting to go to city hall so instead of $15 for two dogs it's going to be $54) Well first off the ATM I went to for $$$$ was broken.  Then it dawns on me that Hobo needs his rabies certificate (Araby is still covered as she had the 3 year).  We had it done at a Petsmart clinic, so I go over there to see what they can tell me.  As soon as I get in I see this ADORABLE red tri Aussie puppy.  I'm on the phone with Moni and she's wicked jealous and I play with the puppy (Named Appollo) then rub it in her face when I walk away :P

Well looking around I see this Australian Cattle dog come up to Nee.  This dog is on a Flexi, his owner is no where to be seen (She's on the other side of a display) and all the sudden out of NOWHERE this dog attacks Nee.  Moni goes "What the **** was that?" this dog sounded like a hound of satan.  And then the lady is like "Oh my bad."  I was SOOOO mad if I wasn't on the phone I would have gone off on her.  So I get the phone number for the clinic (Which by the way is going to mail the certificate to me, so if I can't find it I have to wait till like Thursday.) and when I leave I go out behind the girl with the Aussie pup.

I decide that her puppy is adorable and seeing as how it looks so much like Moni's Mojo (The good), I had to take his pic.  So I chase the woman down, apologize for my psychoticness, and ask if I can get a pic of him.  She said sure, I put Nee in the car and got my camera.  Turns out that this girl doesn't know ANY dog people, and she was wondering if we could get together for socialization and so that she could talk to Moni about Aussies.  I gave her my number and hopefully we'll hear from her soon.

SO MONI HERE ARE YOUR PICS!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 04:09:05 pm by Anky »
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Pet smart visit (And Aussie puppy pics)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 04:18:27 pm »
Oh my gosh! She's gorgeous!! Rocko would be in love!! Or, at least, I would be!!

As for the ACD: I don't have good luck with my ACD, Mia, in public, either. I don't even take her anymore. She's good for about a 1/2 hour, then her herding instinct just gets too strong and she starts snapping at people to get away. She's really the sweetest dog at home, though and loves everyone - especially men.

She was a foster dog, but we just recently officially made her a "Fritsche" by adopting her.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 05:13:54 pm »
I think the part that bothered me the most about the whole thing with the ACD was that the lady didn't even care.  What if her dog had ripped Nee's face off?  I am seriously contemplating writing to the Flexi people and having them put something in their packages about this.  After the fact (Of course) I'm thinking of things that didn't include expletives that I could have said.  Stuff like "The leash only works if you're paying attention."  On my way home from city hall I had nightmares going through my head of if that dog HAD gotten at Nee.  (If I hadn't noticed the aggresive posturing and started to walk away, most likely I'd be in the doggy ER right now).  Maybe Petsmart should make a rule about no Flexis?  I'm sure that'd cut down on their liability as well.  I think I'll write to them.  Even if they don't do anything, I'll feel better.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 05:24:55 pm »
I don't like Flexis in General ('Cept for recall training), but that's just me.  Some people like them and use them properly, but the ones who abuse them are very very dangerous.  I know a lady who saw a little Yorkie get hit by a car because it's owner was talking to someone and it just went to the end of the flexi in the middle of the road.  They give a false sense of security.  That and the cable isn't strong (I know they have the tape ones now, where this part doesn't apply) plus it can seriously injure a dog or person if it gets tangled.  I rescued a dog who was on a flexi and got tangled in teh bushes.  The dog took off and the cable melted my skin!  Not to mention the fact that they're unweildly and hard to use. 

OK so anyways ......... sorry about the vent :( 

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 08:57:08 pm »
Oh, what a cute little aussie puppy.

And that lady with the dog on the flexi should have paid much closer attention.  I use a flexi for Gunther.  It's really Keiko's, but my spare leash needs to get repaired.  I realize the weight capacity is for a much smaller dog, but he's never had issues with pulling, and if he gets nervous, I grab hold of his collar.  When I use the flexi, it is always locked, with only about 3 ft of give.  Letting it extend out all the way is dangerous, especially if you have a dog with a running start.  I got pulled about 5 ft in the air awhile back, and it was not a fun experience.   :-\  I've also had problems with some of my clients and that is all they use is a flexi.  And it is broken to where you can't lock it...........I've gotten burned hands that way.