Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 12424 times)

Dobe SDs

Introduction
« on: October 16, 2005, 08:18:55 am »
Hi, I'm new to BPO and was really happy to see a good Doberman discussion list (and lots of great pictures!)  I've had Dobes all my life and currently use my blue male for my Service Dog.  He helps me with walking balance, mobility, picking up things I drop, generally keeping me upright.  My husband and I share our home with a 6 month old female black Lab, a 6 month old red female Dobe, and my 2 year old blue male Dobe.  Anyway - just wanted to pop in and say Hi!  I hope to get to know you all here at BPO real soon!  (I've attached a picture of our gang.  They're practicing for Halloween.  They all want to be "Living Dead Dogs")

Icerotti

Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 08:22:47 am »
Welcome ;D ;D
Great looking crew ;D

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 08:23:30 am »
Welcome it's always nice to see more dobie owners! Got to love them and you have a blue and red, I really want to get a red dobie. I own a blk & tan, named Maggie. All your babies are adorable! :)
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 08:30:01 am »
Hello and welcome to BPO! You will love it here :)

Your crew is gorgeous!
RIP former BPO

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 09:34:26 am »
Welcome!! I am owned by a 13 yr old chocolate lab and soon to be another lab puppy!!

Hope to see more pictures soon  :)

--Samson's Owner
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 09:36:11 am »
Hello and welcome.

Lovely looking gang you have there.  Before I even started reading, I was like, Is that a blue dobie?  I have yet to see one in person, but they are very striking, and yours is no exception.

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 05:55:07 am »
Welcome to BPO Dobe SD, your Dobies are beautiful.  I am away from home at the home and looking at your Dobies is making me miss mine even more than I already am( if thats at all possible).

Jaimie

Offline Phillips

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Dixie & Brutis
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2005, 08:27:34 am »
great looking canine family you have there. My name is Beth and I have two chihuahuas and a boxer.
Boxer slobbers from Dixie and Brutis

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2005, 08:37:33 am »
Welcome Dobe SDs! It is awesome that you have your dogs doing great work for the world. I'm Jaime and have a 3 year old Newf named Bear.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 12:23:59 am »
Welcome to you and your club-o-puppies.

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 03:18:42 pm »
Great looking family!  I have 2 blk/rst females now, but I have had Dobies on and off for the past 25 years, and owned a blue once, a long time ago.  She developed that hair thing--you know?  My sister-in-law has 2 reds, a black and a fawn, and she is watching her fawn closely because she's afraid that it will start losing its' hair too. Do you know much about that condition?
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2005, 03:24:16 pm »
My mother-in-law has dobie that's losing her hair too. I thought maybe it had something to do with the food she's feed her or allergies, but the way it sounds is that it maybe something else. I'm very interested in learing about it.

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2005, 03:42:53 pm »
There are many reasons why a Dobe may be losing hair.  One is definitely allergies, which is treatable and most of the time only temporary.  I'm talking about the condition where they (most always Blues and fawns) start to lose hair, and the skin sort of begins to look blistery, then eventually, the skin gets a calloused look and feel--it's a blood disorder, or genetic disorder or something.  Our blue female began showing signs of the condition at approx 1 yr old, and we did all kinds of treatments, vet visits, everything we could think of to do, but it progressed to the point that she got deathly sick, and eventually died.  It was horrible.  I still would like to know more about it, though.  I think only a small percentage of Dobermans are affected by it. So many things to worry about when you love your dogs.
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline GracieGirl

• Gnawer
  • Partners in Crime
    • View Profile
    • My Dobies album
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2005, 11:39:18 pm »
We just bought a fawn dobie pup. I'm aware of the skin problems they tend to have. But, a funny thing is, my hubby had alopecia years ago. The doctor gave us a cream for it, and his hair grew back. So, I'll be keeping an eye on our pup.
Forget Caller I.D., I want Caller I.Q.?