Author Topic: New fence pics.  (Read 4946 times)

lins_saving_grace

New fence pics.
« on: October 16, 2005, 08:45:23 pm »
We love our new fence.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 09:34:08 pm by lins_saving_grace »

Kiahpyr

Re: New fence pics.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 10:20:39 pm »
I love the last pic of Grace! She's so pretty with the sun reflecting on her.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2005, 10:27:37 pm »
thank you!   
I thought the sun rays were kinda cool.  She was begging for a butt rub.  :) 

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 10:38:18 pm »
Yeah you got your fence......How is it workingso far? Are they getting the hang of it yet?

Great Pictures ;D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 10:40:32 pm »
Yeah you got your fence......How is it workingso far? Are they getting the hang of it yet?

Great Pictures ;D
Oh it's going great!  I've never spent so much time outside.  :) They run run run then eat some grass...then run some more. 
Lady broke the fence accidentally once and wants the dog next door...but is restraining herself nicely.  It's a godsend.

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 10:47:11 pm »
Sound like they are adapting great. My cousin had a rotti who kept breaking it . He would just take a run for it. They live by a very busy highway. He has been hit twice already.  He still breaks it ::)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2005, 10:50:00 pm »
I'm afraid of that too.  The trainer said he could make the "fence" a brickwall if Lady broke it.  I hate the zap...but they're learning that it's not a good feeling and they stay about 10 feet away from the flags that are still in the yard. 

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2005, 10:52:12 pm »
It sounds like you won't have a problem ;D  This boy is very high  prey drive--always chasing rabbits etc.... ::)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2005, 10:58:25 pm »
Maybe his drive will stop when he gets older. 

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 09:57:27 am »
Lins,

This must have been one of the greatest days to date.  Just look at them!  They are so incredibly happy and liberated.  I am really feeling better after seeing them.  I am loving them more each day.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 11:30:53 am »
Yay!  Fencing!  The girls look like they had a wonderful time playing outside!  Your yard is beautiful!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 08:21:12 pm »
Thank you guys!  The fence is great.  I got "scolded" last night during the last training session from the Invisible Fence guy.  I was supposed to be using the leashes for 2 or 3 more weeks...but they love to run and well I can't run right now...so I let them run free.  They do really well.  He was impressed though.
They are liberated!  They love not having to drag momma around like dead weight.
The backyard is about 250 feet deep and they use every inch of it.  They love hiding in those weeds in the back and sneeking up on eachother and the deer or cats that stroll by.   Man we love that yard...no neighbors to look at (YET)...only the corn to gaze at.  :) 

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 01:50:09 am »
Rocco would never let loose with his fence collar on.  He got shocked once and then whenever I put the collar on he looked like I just beat him half to death.

Congrats to the girls for catching on and getting some freedom.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 01:50:37 am by greek4 »
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 01:51:31 am »
I got the sad eyes from Lady.  I love it when she stays away from the flags because I hate the shock part. 
They really are being good.

So when are you getting a fence (I'm assuming a chain link)?

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 01:57:02 am »
I got the sad eyes from Lady.  I love it when she stays away from the flags because I hate the shock part. 
They really are being good.

So when are you getting a fence (I'm assuming a chain link)?

I close on my house on Nov 30th.  I am looking to get some fence guys out by Dec 1st.  The area I will live in only allows wooden fences, I am still trying to find out if it can be over 4 ft, if not then we will do both wood and invisible.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs