Author Topic: HELLO COOL NEW MESSAGE BOARD!  (Read 9588 times)

nickerbokker

HELLO COOL NEW MESSAGE BOARD!
« on: April 28, 2005, 01:43:20 pm »
I AM THRILLED TO HAVE FOUND YOU ALLL.....I HOPE YOU ALL WILL BE HERE WITH ME THROUGH THE GOOD AND THE BAD.....

i got a saint bernard puppy, ANGUS, in december, and 50lbs later, i find myself the happiest and proudest mommy ever!  i had a golden retriever, cody, already...but wanted him to have a brother to hang out with when i was not home..so i got angus, and just am having the most fun ever! 

angus is a disaster LOL....he sleeps in his bed when i am not home, so when i get home at night, all he wants to do is play...i have not slept in 5 months!  if i do manage to fall asleep, he attacks my head and scares the living crap out of me.  he likes to find ANYTHING anywhere, and hide it.....big on the hiding things...but his new favorite thing is to take anything he can find, keys, food bowls, his toys, my stuffed animals that he finds somehow, and take them under the foosball table and sleep on it all...its cute as crap!

he's a VERY good puppy though...loves to sit on my feet and get pet ALL day long...totally loves walking around and seeing new things...loves playing with the neighbors...LO VES EATING EVERYTHING....

overall, were a very happy family.

hope to talk with you all soon!

nicki

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: HELLO COOL NEW MESSAGE BOARD!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 02:31:53 pm »
Welcome Nickerbooker, Angus & Cody. Sounds like you have one actively adorable puppy on your hands. I know how the hiding thing goes, although he's never slept on any of it. My Bear loves to hide things under the couch, between the coushins, in his toy box, under the carpet, etc. And food...well let's say that he is spoiled beyond compare when it comes to that. Anyways, I look forward to seeing more pics of you and your boys.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline amajac

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 08:06:17 pm »
Angus is adorable.  My Austin is almost six months old and a hide and seek expert too.  He has hidden the remote control for the VCR, my car keys, LOVES to hide his Kongs, there are four of them SOMEWHERE in the house.  He used to be bad about the sleeping thing too, but he is doing much better now, in part because he is going to puppy preschool one day a week and to Doggie Day Care another day.  Both wipe him out, we keep him up in the evening and then we get to sleep.  I love sleeping with him, he plays spoons very well.

He is not my first Saint, but he is my first Saint Puppy and it has been a real joy as well as a challenge, I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world, but boy is he SPOILED, he is rotten to the core. 

My husband just thinks there is a problem when the puppy has more of a social life than we do........

Cheryl and her furkids, Smokey, Mr. Spock, Warlock, Mouse and Saint Austin the Adorable.
Cheryl Hain
Amajac

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 08:41:10 pm »
Hi there, nice to have you here, in my house we dont do the hiding thing so much, we are more into shredding things into little pieces. Especially the soft toys, it seems to be a racing game, who can tear a softtoy open the fastest and then spread all the white filling all over the room. I guess thats why we love our giant darlings so much.

Hope to see and hear from you a lot more

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

nickerbokker

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 09:49:26 pm »
thanks for the welcome oh so kind people!

may i say, bear, the coolest dog i have ever seen!  i am so jealous!  i used to know one named moose, but he didn't compare!

and the wee lil pup...the saint pup that is, cute as pie!

and the mastiff, BEAUTIFUL!  i will be in the market for one in about three years after i have no more "puppies" and once i have a bigger yard!

anyway...thank s for the kind words...and relating to the hiding things issue...cody was the strangest puppy...he never did ONE thing bad...i say that with complete honesty, not one thing...and now i have angus who just can read my mind...i say things that i dont want him to do silently to myself, and he turns around and does them...then sits there and i can SEE the smirk on his face...but what can you do, he is SOOOOOO cute.