Author Topic: Saint Bernard Genetics... These Puppies are supposedly Purebred.  (Read 24812 times)

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Bernard Genetics... These Puppies are supposedly Purebred.
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2005, 01:08:34 am »
Spotakiss is 11 months old and at 165.His dad was 220 , so we'll have to wait and see.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2005, 02:05:51 am »
The puppies are definately cute, they don't look like Saints to me but I am no expert.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline YelenaLevitina

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Looove those BIG furballs
    • View Profile
    • Caucasian Legend
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2005, 03:44:25 am »
Local lab got involved. Black pups look like labs.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2005, 03:48:31 am »
Local lab got involved. Black pups look like labs.

The little black one's do look like labs don't they.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Lyn

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2005, 04:20:56 am »
I still haven't heard anything back from them. I'm not saying they are purposely lying it's possibly that they did mated their 2 Saints... but maybe someone hopped the fence a few days before? But if she's outside.. and I think she is since the pups are outside.

What bothers me is that they are listing them as Purebred... even though just looking at them it's obvious. They are asking $300 a pup. Which to me is fine even for a mix. Adoption fees are usually about the same. But when people see Purebred Saint they are expecting to see puppies that resemble one.

My SIL doesn't care whether they look like Saints.. she loves the Saint personality and she hoping these pups take after the mom personality wise since we know mom is a Saint. Although she knows anything is possible. By the way she was denied for the purebred saint pup about an hour ago. The lady decided no apartments and that she required a fenced yard.  :'( So she is truly thinking about going and seeing these pups. If she does I'll go with her... So I just might be puppy sitting one of these pups.

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2005, 04:40:11 am »
The only thing I can say is Good, luck too,,.>you and your sister,and I hope she get's a fence,yard,these Dog's need a place to run,that i know I Grew Up With Saint's All My Life,! That is Why After my Kid's Have Grown Up,We Have Missed Them And Have The Time To Enjoy Them,They Are So much I Call Them my Ohter Kid's!!!!Molly*MAGGie!!!they Grow so fast to so u know what i mean u have one,please take of it I'm sure you will,!! Enjoy,I waited till i was sure i really had the Time, for them, they are so Important, to US!!!!!!!!!! M,l,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2005, 04:41:47 am »
P,S, i have a Site that she could Adapt a saint if she want?m,l?let me know?

Lyn

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2005, 09:08:09 pm »
I showed my SIL Samantha an adult female Saint on petfinder that's I'm in total love with ;D ..and she told me her Chow/GS mix will not accept an adult female. Fur will fly she said.. So she couldn't rescue unless it was a pup and petfinder lists only adults no puppies. I don't think we have a local Saint rescue I can check either. I think it's way up north of me.

But anyway back on topic.. I haven't heard anything back yet on the puppies.  :( 

Offline Sullivan

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2005, 12:29:16 am »
Yeah they are very cute. I made the mistake of showing the pics so my SIL the one that may be getting the baby girl Saint. I think she has puppy fever too. LOL She likes female 3. She says well if I don't get approved for the Saint pup maybe..... I told her to wait and see if these people come clean about the breeding first. Why put money in dishonest peoples pockets right.

Plus who knows the breeder may decide her home is right for the real Saint pup she wants.

I absolutely agree about not giving money to dishonest people.  Not only is it dishonest, but misrepresentin g something and claiming it is one thing when it isn't is also a crime...fraud!

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2005, 03:14:54 am »
One  thing How do you know your Dog will get along with it if it is not a Saint? What is it?You to Look at your's and what peaple bring in know a Day's This is No Joke!!! These Puppie's Look Cute,But  a Chow is Nothing like a Saint Bernard!!! So Please That is an insult!!you are paying money I Don't want to hear about this any more Please!!!!!

Lyn

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2005, 08:56:59 am »
Waffles I don't understand your post. ???

My Sister in law has a 2 year old chow/GS. I never said the puppies were chow.. I have no idea what breed the puppies are mixed with and my sister in law wants a puppy. Not me. I will just be watching the puppy for her while she is at work.

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2005, 09:12:14 am »
let know if she want's to adapt a saint i know someone that does that,o,k,before get those so if was a saint let know,that what i went,she in s,d,she looks for peaple and n,y there a women also looks peaple too so let me know,my breeder always has some,o,k,so if she want;s a saint let me know i can give you lot;s email;s? plese,let me know,, m,l,

Offline Saint Pixie

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2005, 11:09:49 pm »
Being a Saint girl myself, I'd have to say they're mixed.  Can see a little saint in the face but saints always have white tip tails.
Brightest Blessings

Lyn

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2005, 07:01:46 am »
I got the pic of mom and dad.. they are definitely Saints. So either there was a wandering male fence jumper, or they just had some odd colored pups.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 07:02:24 am by Lyn »

Lyn

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2005, 07:04:44 am »
let know if she want's to adapt a saint i know someone that does that,o,k,before get those so if was a saint let know,that what i went,she in s,d,she looks for peaple and n,y there a women also looks peaple too so let me know,my breeder always has some,o,k,so if she want;s a saint let me know i can give you lot;s email;s? plese,let me know,, m,l,

Waffles, thanks but my sister in law has decided not to get a puppy until after they move and get a fence put up. We are in Canada though, so might be a bit far.