Author Topic: Saint Bernard Genetics... These Puppies are supposedly Purebred.  (Read 24791 times)

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Bernard Genetics... These Puppies are supposedly Purebred.
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2005, 08:24:22 am »
Her, Name is Becky Conway,go on line just do a Saint Bernard search put her name in o,k, just tell her you met me on line she will know who i am she has Great Dog's who will go nut's when u see her pup's!then u will understand me! but she will work with her in Canada,She has to pay for shiping,she just had some she let go she might have more not sure ? molly maggie1
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2005, 09:11:12 am »
hard to say they look o,k, from here ,but like u said could have been not the farther of those pup's they look,o,k,go on line let me know how u made out,o,k,m,l, go a real saint!!
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

Offline Fly-Fast

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2005, 10:05:10 am »
I know nothing about Saint genetics.. but apparently both parents are purebred yet the puppies are totally mismarked.. some even black.  ??? I think they are mixed.. the owners say otherwise.

What do you think??

Forgot to add that I found these through my local classifieds.

While cute, they don't look like saint bernards to me... 

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2005, 03:17:14 am »
That maybe the mom but that is not the dad. Those are mixed and the guy probly knows it.

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2005, 09:08:27 am »
Well that female certainley didnt look like she had a litter...or the pics arent current

If he was that concerned just DNA the pups
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline HillSide Saints

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • HillSide Saint Bernards
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2005, 08:18:15 pm »
Adding my .02 here.....
Yes, the pups are cute..but what pup isn't, right????  BUT....
Those poor babies can't even pass for poorly bred "purebred" Saints....
How ridiculous and irresponsible of those people....to even advertise them as such. 
Don't mean for that to sound elitist...but I take alot of pride in my breed and what is in my kennel.  Years of prep. and forethought  should go into  breeding (sometimes even before the dogs are actually on the ground..LOL)  This just irks me to no end.....
Maybe it is ME...but I cannot even begin to see HOW someone could possibly mistake those pups for purebreds???????????  Am I missing something?

David & Tricia White
HillSide Saint Bernards

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2005, 08:53:13 pm »
That maybe the mom but that is not the dad. Those are mixed and the guy probly knows it.

If he doesn't know, I suspect if he introduces you to his wife and sister, there'll be just one woman standing there.  ;D

It doesn't take an expert in canine genetics to work out that those puppies aren't all St Bernard and another dog got to mommy first.

Lyn

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2005, 02:27:21 pm »
Oh I definitely think they knew the truth. I added a reply to their classified ad.. and then they deleted it. They didn't email me back either.

At first they tried to tell me the reason the pups looks mastiff-y is because didn't you know Saints were crossed with Mastiffs way back when. LMAO  ::)

Offline jupiterjenny

• Ankle Biter
  • Daisy Mae
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2005, 04:32:49 pm »
well BOTH parents don't look 100% st. to me, to short, to light boned, not very heavy heads, and funny lookin' coats. color isn't everything. even the pups look way to small with tiny looking feet. cute pups, but 300$ for a "purebred"- nah. and anymore papers dont mean anything either, even puppy mill puppies come with AKC papers! i really wish the AKC was way more involved in verifing the breed standards in a pup BEFORE issuing papers. I have heard that the jack russel club in in fact doing this.
i'll stop ranting now...heehhee
Check out my art work!
www.jupiterjen ny.deviantart. com