Author Topic: Maia made me proud!!!  (Read 4748 times)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Maia made me proud!!!
« on: October 19, 2005, 01:38:53 am »
During our daily walk yesterday, Maia was so good.  (Rocco is always good).  She was put to the test yesterday with many dogs, kids on bikes, men (to her they are big scary monsters), and screaming kids.  She didn't bark once, she would just look but if I talked to her to distract her she would stop looking.  A man even rubbed her head as he walked by which was the dumbest thing in the world for him to have done.  My guess is he has dogs and it was just an automatic response since he didn't even acknowledge us.  A kid on a bike darted out in front of us from a driveway which startled Maia but she just jumped a little then got back in a good heal.  We walked past two different men with dark skin (which usually sets her off, I am not trying to be racist just honest) and she didn't even look twice or bark.  We walked past some football fields where the cutest little boy were all suited up playing football and tons of other kids were running around screaming that high pitched kid scream that I hate, neither dog even seemed to notice the kids beyond the initial look-see. 

She is starting to really make me proud, though if one of the kids had come up she would have hid behing my leg and if one of the men had talked to me she would have barked with her tail wagging and her fur half up.  But one step at a time.

She is even getting herself on a regular poop schedule which I'm weird and that makes me happy.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 01:39:22 am by greek4 »
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Nicole

Re: Maia made me proud!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 01:46:14 am »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAY, MAIA!

That's fantastic, Emily! She's becoming a woman! hahahahha! All growed up.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 01:53:43 am »
aww that great!
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2005, 03:03:59 am »
Hey, that's great news!!  Even a little progress is still progress.  Baby steps are better than no steps at all.   ;)  I know I'm always proud of my two when they finally "get" something or when Gunther finally started getting over his fear of children (still scared of them, but not nearly as bad)