Author Topic: Introducing KC  (Read 10154 times)

Offline stace77

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Introducing KC
« on: October 21, 2005, 10:43:59 am »
Hi everyone
My name is Stacey and I am a new member :) I would like to introduce our 7 month old Saint, KC! Her real name is King's Carma, named in loving memory of our Akita, King, who crossed the rainbow bridge earlier this year.

My husband and I spent most of the evening reading every post on St Bernards and I have to say...WHAT A RELIEF! KC is normal after all LOL! We have had several long moments of wondering about her in every aspect..But ...after reading each one of your stories....I see a little bit  of your saints in KC! From weight to health to nutrition..yep pers..we have battled it all. How wonderful to know we are not alone :)

KC is a backyard bred, poop shootin', poop eatin, drool slingin', yard diggin', cat chasin', food allergic, stubborn, mouthy, back talkin', maulin', hasn't ate our chihuaha yet, wood chewin, leash pullin, unlevel, high rump'd, treat stealin', coach potato... and a puppy school graduate from the K9 University!

Its possible she has HD or just suffering from geeky growth syndrome, either way..she has rear end malfunctions! She has sensitive stomach to foods and foreign objects often leading to front paws scratching while the back paws support her in a marathon "squat"..beginning with projectile poop and ending with nothing coming out at all while she pumps her tail up and down as though that will help it along.  There was a time when it was normal to have 5 different kinds of puppy food at once in search for the one she could tolerate. She once seemed underweight but now she looks wonderful. She started out with one drooping eye but now both eyes have that adorable "droop" that I just love. Sometimes she aims to please and other times she is blatenly defiant! She hates it when we talk on the phone and will bark without rest until she is dismissed to her room. She loves children, cats, dogs and anyone who tolerates her need to be petted by jumping on them until they land on the floor. She thinks she is a lap dog and has our bed confused with hers. She's a happy dog who lives each moment to the fullest.

OK, I think that bout covers my Saint..and most of yours  :D  I'm so excited that I found this forum and its good to know that KC and us are not so dysfunctional after all.

Stacey

And we wouldn't trade her for the world!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing KC
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 10:51:49 am »
Hello and welcome.

KC sounds like quite a handful, but the kind of handful you wouldn't do without.   :D So lovely to hear all about her, and can't wait to hear more.  Please include some pics so we can all ooh and aah over her.

My name is Chris, and I have a husky/shep mix Keiko and a great dane pup Gunther.

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 11:14:19 am »
That was the most vivid intro I have ever read. lol.  It made me laugh.  Welcome to the board.  Got any pics?  We love pics. ;D
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

Offline stace77

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 11:27:48 am »
Thanks Chris! Aww..your dogs are adorable! I hope to have pics up tomorrow. We have 3 dogs and they are our life!! Our only son is in the Marines now and the dogs are great for combating the empy nest syndrome.

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 11:30:21 am »
That's why I have my dogs, except it's a husband in the army. :)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 11:36:45 am »
Welcome to BPO!...I just love your intro!!...lol...I would LOVE to see pics of KC & I love the name btw!!...I'm Chelle & my big guys are Samson & Pippin...Both Great Pyrenees...Sam son is 15 months almsot & Pippin just turned 8 months...I hope you'll enjoy your time here!

Offline stace77

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 11:40:00 am »
Hi Lillysmom

So I painted a vivid picture of KC? LOL She's hoot to say the least. I see her now, leaving a bit of her puppy stages behind her and I sure will miss her puppiness once its gone. But we still have a while before that happens so I take it all in while I can. We have always had wonderful dogs and cats..and ferrets LOL, but KC is one of kind for sure.
She has been pure joy. When we lost our Akita to cancer I was devasted and KC was a gift from my husband (at a time that I thought was too soon after losing King) and he knew she would fill my days with happiness again. 

I hope to have some online pics uploaded tomorrow. I have lots of new puppy pictures but need to take a few recent ones. But only after she gets her bath tomorrow! She had a long day of playing 'gardner' in the back yard ...after a slow rain fall!!!

Please tell your husband that I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Is he in the States? My son is in Japan right now.

Thanks for the reply

Stacey
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 11:44:05 am by stace77 »

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2005, 11:43:18 am »
Hi Stacy, Welcome to BPO.  I am Lisa, I have two Great Pyrenees. Sugar Bear is 16 months and Dixie Darlin is almost 10 months.  I think you will find that most of us are over the top fur-baby lovers.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2005, 11:53:00 am »
Hi Lillysmom

So I painted a vivid picture of KC? LOL She's hoot to say the least. I see her now, leaving a bit of her puppy stages behind her and I sure will miss her puppiness once its gone. But we still have a while before that happens so I take it all in while I can. We have always had wonderful dogs and cats..and ferrets LOL, but KC is one of kind for sure.
She has been pure joy. When we lost our Akita to cancer I was devasted and KC was a gift from my husband (at a time that I thought was too soon after losing King) and he knew she would fill my days with happiness again. 

I hope to have some online pics uploaded tomorrow. I have lots of new puppy pictures but need to take a few recent ones. But only after she gets her bath tomorrow! She had a long day of playing 'gardner' in the back yard ...after a slow rain fall!!!

Please tell your husband that I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Is he in the States? My son is in Japan right now.

Thanks for the reply

Stacey

We're in the states now.  But we're leaving for Germany in 8 weeks and then he's off to Iraq. :'(  I think I'll get another dog. ;)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2005, 12:01:09 pm »
Thanks Chris! Aww..your dogs are adorable! I hope to have pics up tomorrow. We have 3 dogs and they are our life!! Our only son is in the Marines now and the dogs are great for combating the empy nest syndrome.

My husband is in the Marines, too.  Oorah!!  How does your son like Japan?  I vetoed it for our choice of living arrangements.  Besides the fact I dislike seafood, my babies would NOT be able to handle the quarantine time period.  I would have never gotten Gunther, Keiko would be very skinny, and I would have a bald, if not dead bird.

Offline Heighway

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Webster at 8 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2005, 03:22:28 pm »
Welcome aboard BPO Stacey and husband.  I have a 3 year old goldie named Riley, and Webster is my 11 week old Newfie puppy.  I will be glad when some of this puppiness is in the past, but then, I am sure I will miss it.  The grass is always greener isn't it?  I too have a son in Japan, in the JET program.  He is starving.  He hates seafood of any kind.  Can't even stand the smell of it! He is enjoying his stay though and will be there for a year.
Karen

Offline stace77

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2005, 05:40:06 pm »
Well Semper Fi, ZooCrew

HE HATES JAPAN!! LOL 20 year old Marine and has to be in barracks by 10pm 7 days a week and the Jr. Marines are almost always restricted to base. He has been there almost 2 years and still has not seen the mainland due to base restrictions. So good to hear from you.

Offline stace77

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2005, 05:48:41 pm »
Lilysmom

I hope you can continue to visit here at BPO once you get to Germany. Will this be your hubby's first tour in Iraq? I run a support group for military families here in our home town and it has grown beyong anything I could imagine. Just know we support you and your husband and I would love to send him a carepackage or two ...just let me know once he gets an address there if you are still able to come here and visit.

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005, 07:45:26 pm »
Lilysmom

I hope you can continue to visit here at BPO once you get to Germany. Will this be your hubby's first tour in Iraq? I run a support group for military families here in our home town and it has grown beyong anything I could imagine. Just know we support you and your husband and I would love to send him a carepackage or two ...just let me know once he gets an address there if you are still able to come here and visit.

I'll continue to come here.  I don't think I could keep away. :)  As for Germany, this is our second time around there.  This will be his second tour in Iraq and his 4th alltogether for deployments in 12 years time.  We're almost to retirement. Yay!!!  But this is what he loves.  And I support him 200%.  I am very active in the FRG wherever we go, so I'll be just fine.  But I'm sure hubby would appreciate a care package.  Thank you for offering.  Does your son need anything?  I'm very happy to return the favor. :)

ZooCrew, I told hubby the same thing.  "you get stationed somewhere I can't bring the dogs, I'm not going". lol.  I heard Japan is really pretty though.  They don't send many Army there so we've never gotten to go.  I was actually hoping for Belgium or Italy this time around.  But oh well, we go where we're told. :)

Military Spouses and Moms RULE!!!!

GR8DAME

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2005, 10:38:43 pm »

I'm sure it has been stated here on the board but I want to thank all of you who have loved ones in the military.  What they are doing for our country is the greatest "call to duty" anyone can answer.

Tina

Amen, Tina. Welcome Stacey and KC. KC sounds like an absolute pistol!
We can't wait for pictures.
Stella