Author Topic: I wish I lived closer  (Read 8598 times)

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
I wish I lived closer
« on: October 22, 2005, 12:27:40 pm »
I wished I lived in Lithuania.  This pretty girl is up for adoption there.  I don't know why anyone would want to get rid of her.  She's on Dogster.  There are 1100 dogs for adoption on there all over the world.

When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: I wish I lived closer
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 12:55:47 pm »
Wow, she is gorgeous.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 12:56:16 pm »
She's very pretty!!

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 07:22:55 pm »
I wished I lived in Lithuania.  This pretty girl is up for adoption there.  I don't know why anyone would want to get rid of her.  She's on Dogster.  There are 1100 dogs for adoption on there all over the world.

my goodness what a pretty RR

does it say why they are giving her up??
i could never
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 08:00:48 pm »
No, it doesn't.  And it looks like she comes from a line of champions by the looks of her dogster page.  Maybe they're retiring her from the show circuit.  But why get rid of her just because she can't show?  I've heard of people doing that, but I could never.  I've always loved this breed.  Maybe someday.  :)

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 08:05:07 pm »
Here's more pics of her and her link on Dogster

http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=173292
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 08:06:52 pm by lilysmom »

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 08:11:00 pm »
No, it doesn't.  And it looks like she comes from a line of champions by the looks of her dogster page.  Maybe they're retiring her from the show circuit.  But why get rid of her just because she can't show?  I've heard of people doing that, but I could never.  I've always loved this breed.  Maybe someday.  :)

it might be a come on,,,,, to sell puppies,  ive seen that before too   dog 4 adoption, but was adopted, but we do have pup for sale!
it looks like a winning liver nose, who knows how old she is, or, even if she is still alive. we keep our ridgebacks untill they pass on, show or not breedable any more.

it's a sad world out there.
i know we take our dogs back, if they cannot keep tham any more and re home them. we have many friends in the RR world, that have contacts for unwanted ridgebacks, always a home for one of ours, somewhere!!

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 08:18:35 pm »

it might be a come on,,,,, to sell puppies, ive seen that before too dog 4 adoption, but was adopted, but we do have pup for sale!
it looks like a winning liver nose, who knows how old she is, or, even if she is still alive. we keep our ridgebacks untill they pass on, show or not breedable any more.

i know we take our dogs back, if they cannot keep tham any more and re home them. we have many friends in the RR world, that have contacts for unwanted ridgebacks, always a home for one of ours, somewhere!!

I didn't even think of the puppy aspect.  I just saw up for adoption and was sad that she is obviously from a good line and is absolutely adorable. 

I've seen your name in quite a few places outside of BPO for RR breeders.  And the fact that you care what happens to your dogs from birth on shows me how much you care about your dogs.  Someday when my husband gets out of the military and we buy a house finally, (only 8 more years hopefully) then I might have to look you up.  I hope you'll still either be breeding or still have those contacts for rehoming, because I'm really interested in this breed. Can you tell me more about them.  Stuff that's not listed in the akc breed summary.  Thanks :)

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2005, 08:32:24 pm »

it might be a come on,,,,, to sell puppies, ive seen that before too dog 4 adoption, but was adopted, but we do have pup for sale!

I didn't even think of the puppy aspect.  I just saw up for adoption and was sad that she is obviously from a good line and is absolutely adorable. 

I've seen your name in quite a few places outside of BPO for RR breeders.  And the fact that you care what happens to your dogs from birth on shows me how much you care about your dogs.  Someday when my husband gets out of the military and we buy a house finally, (only 8 more years hopefully) then I might have to look you up.  I hope you'll still either be breeding or still have those contacts for rehoming, because I'm really interested in this breed. Can you tell me more about them.  Stuff that's not listed in the akc breed summary.  Thanks :)

pleasec send me e mail at my private e mail box  ill answer any and all questions about the RR you might have, also can send you lots of photo's that are to large for the posts here.  love to hear from you

billie4121@aol.com

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 01:15:09 pm »

hopefully this might help, also you can e mail me, or i m me
at the addys on the web

http://rhodridge.com/index.html