Author Topic: Do any of you ever get this?  (Read 19937 times)

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
Re: Do any of you ever get this?
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2005, 02:23:32 pm »
They are soooo sweet! Anyone who knows the breed would never be scared... but to drunk guys at midnight who have never seen one they are frightening!!!!

Vicki

Nicole

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2005, 02:26:58 pm »
hahahah! You should tell them that he's actually a timberwolf mixed with a saber-tooth tiger, and that he'll WHOOP up on em if they come near you! heheheh! (messing with drunk guys is fun)

GR8DAME

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2005, 03:11:17 pm »
Vickie,
You can use any of the answers from my previous post that you want. They are actually from a dane website that I happened upon once and was never able to find again. I get approached a whole lot more with my danes than I ever did walking my dobies---sometimes its nice when their reputation can precede you.
Stella

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2005, 03:26:04 pm »
I have lived in my neighborhood about 6 months and hardly anyone ever spoke to me until I got my foster Great Dane. Then neighbors were coming out of their houses to talk to me and people driving by would stop to make comments. It was pretty amazing. Everyone was nice, it made me think about how animals can bring people together.

Nicole

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2005, 06:16:08 pm »
Hey Rebekah,
 It is SO true how animals can bring people together! That is my favorite part of my neighborhood.. .EVERYONE has doggies! We all watch out for each other's dogs, and having them draws us outside, which leads to cook-outs, conversations, and a generally close-knit neighborhood. But, I honestly don't believe it would be this way if everyone didn't have a dog (or two or three).

Offline Tabby

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2005, 07:00:16 am »
I usually get.... is that a sheep dog ?  or they ask, what kind of dog is that ?  and when I reply a Great Pyrenees puppy they get a shocked look and out comes .... that's as PUPPY ?????  oh my.  or someone will say... oh my, look at those feet, they are huge, that is going to be a BIG dog.  Yep, we love our big dogs right gang ?  :)

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2005, 02:18:03 pm »
HERE HERE!!!
Big dogs all the way!!!

Vicki

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2005, 11:49:02 pm »
Just last night I got "Is that dog part horse" & "Do you have a saddle for that thing"...Both by people walking by in the 30 minutes I sat in my front drive to groom him...How origional huh?...lol!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2005, 08:03:24 pm »
I got the same thing at Kyles school yesterday, Chelle!  I instantly thought of some of the comebacks you all posted, but I couldn't bring myself to say them to moms i'm gonna run into regularly for the next 12 years!  I had to fight it though  :-X.