Author Topic: Big dog dark yard. Mess with us will ya?  (Read 7757 times)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Big dog dark yard. Mess with us will ya?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 02:43:51 am »
Booger (Lady) loves to "gaze" at the sky I think.
I think it's more that my camera lens had dog sneeze on it...so those would be spit spots.   

Well, whatever it was, it looks cool.   ;D  I miss having a big yard.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 02:45:31 am »
well if your ever in town you are more than welcome to come over.  we'll all run in the grass for hours.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2005, 03:25:41 am »
I see you're in MI...........G unther is from MI.  How cold do you get in the winter?  I'm used to the 10-20 below mark when I lived in SD.

Offline Heighway

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Webster at 8 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2005, 03:43:59 am »
Newf Lover:  My husband is from New Zealand.  When his mom and sister visited here a few months ago, they both kept commenting on the "wide open spaces".  We live in a mid-sized town, not the countryside, so I didn't understand what they were talking about.  We have lots of subdivisions, some with  houses very close together, others on much bigger lots.  But they kept insisted on how "open" every thing was.  Then in May, I visit them in Auckland and I understood.  From the road, you cannot see anyone's house.  Everyone has 8-10ft high fences all the way around their homes.  EVERYONE!  I thought it looked really strange. I don't think I could stand living "walled in" like that.    To each his own.
Karen

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2005, 03:44:00 am »
We don't get really cold...it's more windy and snowy.  The snow is deep and wet.  I'm not a big fan of the wind.
Where in MI is Gunther from?

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 04:12:18 am »
He's from Columbus MI

I don't mind the cold, but the wind is what kills me.  In SD, there are no trees to block the wind, so you get below 0 windchill all the time.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005, 04:13:08 am by ZooCrew »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2005, 04:13:46 am »
WOW...that's like Detroit.

Blair

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2005, 04:14:59 am »
Those are great pictures  :) I love seeing pictures of oyur girls, they are so beautiful.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2005, 04:17:53 am »
Those are great pictures  :) I love seeing pictures of oyur girls, they are so beautiful.
thank you!  :)  your boys are great too!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2005, 04:19:08 am »
I'm a southern girl, and I get cold easy.  Okay, so I'm a big wuss.  But its in the thirties here at night and I hate it!!!  You people and your below zero talk are FREEZING me!!!  I pulled my space heaters out of the closet the other night LOL. 

I am now going to go get my sweater so I can continue chatting with you :)
You wait...give me 2 or 3 months till I start posting snow pics.  It gets so deep up here.  and the snow falls horizontally with the wind. 

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2005, 04:23:55 am »
I'm a southern girl, and I get cold easy.  Okay, so I'm a big wuss.  But its in the thirties here at night and I hate it!!!  You people and your below zero talk are FREEZING me!!!  I pulled my space heaters out of the closet the other night LOL. 

I am now going to go get my sweater so I can continue chatting with you

LOL........... .........I get cold easily too.  In fact, my fingernails turn purple quite easily, but I still miss the snow.  *sigh*  I can't wait until next year and Gunther gets to see snow.  I don't think he will have remembered it from when he was a pup.

WOW...that's like Detroit

Is it close to Detroit?  I looked on a map, but couldn't tell how far away it was.  The breeder, if you can call her that, had an acerage with horses and other smaller critters.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2005, 04:27:12 am »
It's close enough to Detroit for government work.  I try to avoid that area. 

Snow kinda stinks.  I'm really sick of it.  but the girls love it.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2005, 07:43:55 am »
One of my happiest dog memories was the first year I moved up here.  It was the first time my Anatolian, Lexi, had ever gotten to see snow.  Man, you should have seen how much fun that dog had. 

She passed away around this time last year so it will be my first snowy season without her

Sorry to hear about Lexi.  Keiko loves the snow.  In fact, that was one of the reasons I took her home with me for Christmas last year (the other being for protection), was to see the snow.  Unfortunately, there was no snow, just cold.  We hit a little snow in CO on the way back, so I stopped and got this pic at a rest stop.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2005, 10:12:38 am »
How adorable!!!  There's something just incredible about dogs in the snow.  No matter how old they are, or how many times they've seen it, its like their pups again and doing it all for the first time!

How true that is.  Every year is the same (except the last two in CA..........lo l)  When we get a big snow, she goes tearing all around the yard.  And if it's really deep, she turns into 1/2 jackrabbit, bounding over drifts.