Author Topic: Greyhound puppy needs a home in Australia  (Read 8843 times)

Offline Greytmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Greyhound puppy needs a home in Australia
« on: May 01, 2005, 04:09:20 am »
Hi everyone,

My greyhound group here called GAP-Australia has put up a notice that there is a 4 month old greyhound puppy who is blind in one eye. The owner want to find him a home. The problem is that there is a time limit, the puppy needs a new home by Wednesday the 4th of May. The puppy is in Victoria. From the infomation given to GAP he is healthy just the blind in one eye. So if anyone wants a greyhound puppy please let me know. There is no cost to get the dog. Once he is 8 months old and desexed you can make an appointment with GAP to have him tested and get his green GAP collar. The cost for the GAP collar is $20. You will have to pay to have the dogs shots and to be desexed.

Thanks,

Toni
Toni

Greyhounds are great

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: Greyhound puppy needs a home in Australia
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 08:46:00 am »
Toni, Hopefully someone can come up with something. Is he is a "kill shelter" now? Is there any chance that your group could foster him until someone comes along?? Or do you not do fostering??

I wish you and the puppy the best of luck, it is real sickening to hear all the babies out there who have just a few more days.

Good Luck

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Greytmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Greyhound puppy needs a home in Australia
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 03:41:10 pm »
No he is with the owner but he will be taking him to be PTS at the vets on Wednesday. I would love to foster but I already have a greyhound puppy and a adult greyhound. I live in a small house and we do not have the room inside or outside for another dog. Fall is here and we have already had a really cold night down to .8 C. To foster the dog they would have to keep it for a year at least, and not many people will foster for that long. GAP here does not take puppies and there is a 8 to 12 month wait list to get greyhounds into the program.

Toni
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 03:44:54 pm by Greytmom »
Toni

Greyhounds are great