Author Topic: ugh!! why is she peeing right in front of us?  (Read 4533 times)

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
ugh!! why is she peeing right in front of us?
« on: October 25, 2005, 10:13:23 pm »
this just started happening 2 days ago. and is happening twice a day. we're talking HUGE st. bernie puddles. random locations inside the apt. we THINK she's protesting us not taking her out / letting her play w/ cody but i'm still not reading her behavior very well. we've started taking both dogs out together and letting them play for extended amount of time together. they'll both go to the toilet during the play time. whereas before, we'd walk them separately and bring them back upstairs right away.

how should i counter this? i'm thinking: separating their walk time. letting her only go pee/poop, bring her right back, and then letting them play inside instead?

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: ugh!! why is she peeing right in front of us?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 11:50:38 pm »
3 times a day. and if we're busy. twice a day. i know she can hold it.... she's just messin' w/ us...

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 12:09:40 am »
Maia has only peed in front of me once and she had a really bad UTI.  It is worth getting it checked out because if you have ever had one you know how awful they are.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 12:37:21 am »
She only goes outside to go potty 2 or 3 times a day?  Or has accidents 2 or 3 times a day?
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 01:43:21 am »
Grace did that...like every 10  minutes when she was a puppy puppy. 
Like with Greek4, Grace had a urinary issue.  Antibotics cleared it right up.  :) now if she does it...it's cuz she mad about something.

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 06:12:39 am »
she goes 2-3x a day. for the last 3 days, at LEAST 1 of the 2/3x has been inside muh apt. and nah man, it's not UTI. cuz about a month ago, she did this too, and we took her to the doctor and it wasn't UTI. she's MAD. she's FURIOUSly mad. i just don't understand what about :( :( :( i didn't know girl dogs are so much like GIRLS in real life..  ::)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 09:26:12 pm »
Grace had an infection....a little less than a UTI. 
But she resisted potty training something awful. For some reason...that can be enough to make dogs a little angry.  :)  It's a change for them.  I had bones in my pocket all the time for a while and praised the daylights out of her for going potty outside.  She grew out of it. 
I understand your frustration.  Believe me I understand.  Hang in there.  Patience is a virtue. 

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2005, 10:28:05 pm »
I'd still get her checked out again. It could be she is hypersensitive and she had the beginnings of a UTI or kidney infection a month ago and now it's worse and will show up this time. Better safe than sorry. Make sure they check for kidney infection as well as UTI. Dogs are usually so eager to please, it's very unusual for them to change their behavior so drastically without a medical cause unless something has changed in their routine that they haven't adjusted to yet. I've never had a dog change their bathroom behavior because they are upset with us - my cats will do that, but never the dogs. The dogs usually do things like eat doors when they are mad at our behavior.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Stephanie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 04:37:44 am »
Savannah did that to me the other day, i was so mad. We were on are way to the door to go out too. She does have vaginitis so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I thought Neo had a UTI cuz he pees little pees all the time like every 10 minutes and mostly in the house! But the vet tested him and he doesn't so I don't know what to do with him. I think maybe I have to start potty training all over again.
Good luck to you!  :)
Steph