Author Topic: How many times a day does your dog(s) go out to potty?  (Read 4123 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
How many times a day does your dog(s) go out to potty?
« on: October 26, 2005, 08:22:47 pm »
I bring my crew out (Gyrl especially) like 5 or 6 times a day.  I was curious how many times a day others dogs go out to potty? Just wondering if I'm an oddball.  lol
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Icerotti

Re: How many times a day does your dog(s) go out to potty?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 08:42:19 pm »
Farley--it seems like a million times a day and he still manages to pee inside..AGHH I hate potty training >:(

Puck- Probably about 5-6 times. Sometimes more- he will go out when Farley goes out-Puck does not always go. He will just stand on the deck and watch over the kingdom ::)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 08:42:51 pm by Icerotti »

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 09:03:18 pm »
Hmm...My dogs now that the weather is cooler spend most of the day outside but when they are inside...i dont know LOL

Both are housebroken and both are uncrated now wth full run of the house but they still have access to their crates...Zero 11mth and Misha is 21wk...they go through the night with no problem

I can leave the house at 6:30am and return anytime between 4-6pm and zero is fine...even when i let him out he doesnt run and go to the bathroom

I most I have left Misha home is 5 hours and she was fine...prob go longer

Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 09:06:44 pm »
I bring my crew out (Gyrl especially) like 5 or 6 times a day.  I was curious how many times a day others dogs go out to potty? Just wondering if I'm an oddball.  lol
Lady usually like to go out "whenever".  she's so laid back. 
Grace will go out once an hour if you let her...just so she can go outside and play.  Potty is an excuse to go outside and get into trouble. :)

GR8DAME

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 09:14:31 pm »
Gracie and Strider are soul mates. I swear half my evening is spent playing "doorman" so he can go out and chase squirrels, falling leaves and torment Merlin in the fresh air, as opposed to in the living room. He generally manages to squeeze out a couple of drops of pee while looking over his shoulder to make sure I'm watching. "See, I hada go, Mom....really. .."
Stella

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 09:28:33 pm »
Gracie and Strider are soul mates. I swear half my evening is spent playing "doorman" so he can go out and chase squirrels, falling leaves and torment Merlin in the fresh air, as opposed to in the living room. He generally manages to squeeze out a couple of drops of pee while looking over his shoulder to make sure I'm watching. "See, I hada go, Mom....really. .."
Stella
We ought to train Grace and Strider to tip us for playing doorman.  Isn't that the truth though.  :)  I open the door I shut the door I open it I shut it...I'm surprised the hinges are still on the wall.  :)
A couple of drops, Merlin, doesn't constitute a potty there buddy.  :)  Lady does that too...it's hillarious! 

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 02:56:52 am »
Anywhere from 3-4 times a day, plus we go to the dog park usually 6 days a week and they do their business there, too.

Anakalia

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 03:03:48 am »
Well Koby is horrible at telling me when he REALLY has to go out.  I never really know if he has to pee or just wants to go out and sniff air!  Literally every time I go into the kitchen, pretty much all the time, he's standing by the back door waiting to go out!  He's patient, but yet has that urgency in his eyes, "Now Ma, can we go now? Now? Now?" UGH.  So I tried to count how many times a day and it's between 8-15 times a day depending on wether I get up early in the morning or not. lol

Andi

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 03:06:59 am »
i think the general consensus is: too many friggin times..

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 06:25:33 am »
Let's see... These are the ones we do every single day:  When we first wake up, before we leave for work, when i get home from work, when dan gets home from work, before dinner, after dinner, around 8, before dinner time... So we go out 8 times on an average day.
RIP former BPO

henrysmomma

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 06:27:19 am »
Henry goes out three or four times a day. :)

Rose

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 07:07:53 am »

That's my answer exactly.  Except my husband is Charlie, not Dan.  ;D

lol  :D
RIP former BPO

Lyn

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 07:31:36 am »
On average Bubba goes out about 8-10 times a day. Give or take a couple times.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 09:24:28 pm »
At my old house they would just go in and out whenever they wanted when I was home.  But in the apartment they only go 4-5 times a day. 
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs