Author Topic: Hello from England  (Read 9829 times)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from England
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2005, 07:42:48 pm »
Great pics.  Huh, you don't see long haired shar peis very often, do you.  They probably don't have as many skin problems, though, or do they?

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 08:50:55 pm »
Welcome!  Your dogs are beautiful!!!  I'm Melissa.  I am owned by a 4 month old Giant Schnauzer, Dazy, and a 3 year old Miniature Schnauzer, Ladybug (she thinks she is a Giant, we've never told her any different!)

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2005, 09:29:06 pm »
Great pics.  Huh, you don't see long haired shar peis very often, do you.  They probably don't have as many skin problems, though, or do they?

I do know a couple of bearcoats with skin problems, but they seems slightly less prone to it than the two other coat types. The very short prickly 'horsecoats' seem the worst affected and the brushcoats not so much. Skin problems in shar-pei are something the reputable breeders have been working on eradicating and they are much better than a few years ago.

The bears don't turn up that often and I only know so many because Phoebe had her own website and I get mail from other bearcoat owners all over the world.

Offline lil_princess724

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2005, 11:24:00 pm »
Gracias
I have a rott.
Flyynn is preciuos
Cassandra
        Bailey's mom

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2005, 12:41:09 am »
I have only heard of them.  I never knew there were three coat types.  I have only heard of the two.  I know of the prickly horsecoat, but what is a brushcoat?  Just a flat coat?  In between lenth?

Offline -Molly-

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2005, 06:09:08 pm »
Hi-
My name is molly and I live in michigan city, IN, USA. I'm 12 years old and I love dogs! I would really like a tibetan mastiff. ALOT! lol.  I noticed you live in England.  I am SO jealous I would like to live there when I grow up.  Would you mind if I asked you some questions. Here is my e-mail super_fly_18@hotmail.com  Thank you!
Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Offline -Molly-

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2005, 06:23:01 pm »
HELLO sharon and Flynn.  They are so cute!!!!!! ;D
Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Offline nostaw

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2005, 07:15:12 pm »
Hi Sharon,

Nice to see another person from the UK. I'm Andy, married to Liz, and currently the servant of our two Newfies, Bell & Hovis. We live near Settle in the Yorkshire Dales. Incidentally I'll be down your neck of the woods in 10 hours time, At Bolton New Years Day Dog Show. We don't win anything its just that Bell and Hovis like to hang round with other Newfs :)

Happy New Year,

Andy, Bell and Hovis
Slime flies when you're having fun!

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2006, 01:04:27 pm »
   ;D      what part of england i use to go to boarding school outside of oxford that was many moons ago! your pups are beautiful i have an english mastiff and he is 7 months old brindle welcome this is a wonderful site!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 01:07:00 pm by marinafb »
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2006, 05:37:14 pm »
Welcome to BPO!  I've always been fascinated with the UK.  I want to go to Whales and Ireland one day too!

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2006, 06:32:07 pm »
Molly, please be careful giving your e-mail address out on a public forum - there are some very strange people out there who definitely mean harm. Not suggesting any of our regular members are anything like that, but anybody could be reading this forum.

Please feel free to ask any questions - if you have a lot, maybe start a new thread and I'll answer them the best I can.

Offline Senghe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2006, 06:42:52 pm »
Ooh - just noticed how many questions I've missed!

Zoo Crew - if you look at Tinkerbell's photo further up the list, she was a brushcoat and they are the most common now. Prickly but not so much as the horsecoats.

marinafb - I'm near Manchester which is quite a way from Oxford.  I have a friend with 2 brindle mastiffs and about 8 mad Siberian Huskies! She's had mastiffs for about 20 years and they are really nice dogs.

nostaw - Hi Andy, Liz & doggies. Are you going to Crufts? I'm going on the Thursday to see my Flynn's dad and siblings - can't wait! I hope to qualify Flynn this year but I can't take this showing lark too seriously! I keep missing the entry deadlines anyway.

And sorry if I've missed anybody.