Author Topic: New foster dogs  (Read 3047 times)

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
New foster dogs
« on: October 27, 2005, 11:17:19 am »
I got two new foster dogs Wednesday night. Venus and Ivy were surrenderd by the owner because of his wifes failing health. They are super sweet girls, but Ivy is a bit of a trouble maker.

At 5:30, I hear something like a hyena yapping outside my window. It's Ivy. She had pushed the old screen door open and proceeded to bark at my neighbor's house, the cop who's wife has complained about the barking. Luckly, I think they were already awake, so maybe she didn't bother them.

I came home for lunch, and Earl, greets me, alone, in the back yard. No Ivy, no Venus, and no Kendra. (For those who don't know, My old dog, Buddy Boy got scared by fireworks on New Years eve, got out, and got killed right down the street.)

Needless to say, Pupdaddy just about paniced. Luckly, they were just down the street, in the dirveway of my neighbor who is afraid of dogs!

When I took them home, I found the side gate (4' chain link) unlatched. A while later I tested them. I sat down outside the gate and called the dogs. Ms Ivy wagged her tail, looked at the latch, and flipped in open with her nose on the second try! That gate is now chained shut, and the girls are in a 6' x 12' x 6' high kennel!

You can't get mad at them though. They are just too sweet. Here's a picture of them.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 07:31:49 pm by PupDaddy »

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
Re: New foster dogs
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 11:24:23 am »
Your new girls look like real sweeties!  It's so sad they had to leave their home though.  I'll bet they love staying with you and Earl and Kendra!  Glad to hear the escape today ended happily.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 11:43:46 am »
Pretty girls PupDaddy, you know I'm gonna belooking in January, so don't tempt me here!

Deena

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 12:02:17 pm »
Oh they do look sweet.  Are you going to try to adopt them out together?  I'm glad the houdinis were found unharmed.

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 03:30:34 pm »
They are gorgeous pyrs.  :D

Faust scared us by figuring out how to open the pen we used to have in NY.  Same thing, used his nose on the latch.   :-\  Sometimes these puppers can be too smart for their own good!  LOL
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 09:06:26 pm by Moni »
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 08:50:39 pm »
What's even worse is when they not only know how to open the gate but also know how to open the house door so they can get out in the yeard and then open the gate!!