Author Topic: first season Q's  (Read 1956 times)

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
first season Q's
« on: October 31, 2005, 12:11:15 am »
* i was HOPING to get her spay in before her first period but... the shelter's spay prog is full until Nov 8, and we saw signs of first spotting yesterday.

* she's become COMPLETELY unhousebroken again. peeing everywhere. and i mean, everywhere. on my pants while picking her up to go outside, on my house slippers, on cody's sleeping rug, etc. i attribute this to the increased urination of estrus, but it's really ridiculous...

* will the shelter refuse to spay her during the season due to increased blood loss, etc.? seeing nov 8 is 8 days away, and the season is 3 wks long.

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: first season Q's
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 12:17:56 am »
I believe that your vet will prefer that you wait it out. If she is spotting now the heat has begun, and the increased blood floor is an added risk for an otherwise routine surgery. Personally I would contact your vet and inform them about the urine problem. It sounds like incontinence, and there may be something that your vet could give her to help her out. I hope that everything works out! It sounds like it could be a messy few weeks. Good luck.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey