Author Topic: Could You Decide Between These Two?  (Read 6363 times)

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Could You Decide Between These Two?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 03:23:50 pm »
I usually go with my first choice on multiple guess questions.
I would stick with the 'A' choice.
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Yaz

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 03:24:05 pm »
Thanks for everyone's helpful opinions. We are so pathetic about this that Gil's leaving work early today so we can bundle the kids into the van and head out to see the puppies again. I think the breeder thinks we are a bit odd  ;). I spoke with the breeder who owns the pups' father and she thinks we should go with pup B, with the symmetrical markings. She mentioned that pup A's face looks stern, due to the black on it and that is against the standards. Now since we are not showing the pup I couldn't care less about the standard, but I wonder if the dark faced pup will look too intimidating when he's a 180 pound dog? I think he's a cuter pup than pup B, but they don't stay puppies for long so I have to think about how they will look as adults I guess.

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2005, 04:41:49 pm »
Yaz, I would look more at the interaction between the two different pups and your family. I think it's cool that Gil's taking you all over there tonight to visit. Use that time to watch the two pups with the kids. See if the breeder will let you seperate the two from the rest of the litter to see the interaction.

Good luck, and smell a little puppy breath for the rest of us!
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2005, 05:43:19 pm »
I say go with your initial decision! 

Yaz

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2005, 10:20:25 pm »
Well, we just got back from seeing the puppies again and the decision is made: we're going with pup B. I still think that pup A is adorable, but he definitely is the more feistier of the two. Again, he was the first pup out to greet us, and even at the end of our visit when he was exhausted, he was still trying to play. I cradled him on his back to check his dominance level and he did not like it one bit. But to be fair to him, he was tired. Pup B seems more mellow and laid back than pup A. With our children being so young (3, 2 and 9 mths), it makes more sense to choose the middle-of-the-road pup than one that is more dominant. I still wish I could feel it was more cut and dried than this, but I guess until we get our new puppy home and bond with him I will be wondering if we made the right choice.