Author Topic: {{BIG sigh...}}  (Read 3189 times)

Offline declanssexymama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Um, I got BIG!
    • View Profile
{{BIG sigh...}}
« on: November 02, 2005, 12:12:53 pm »
Well, I had to make the decision to meet Crede next Saturday the 12th instead of this Saturday.  ISBR had originally given us the option to meet him next Saturday because we just moved into a new place on Tuesday, but I couldn't wait to meet him and thought we'd be alot more settled than we are (okay so I was a bit unrealisticall y optimistic!)  So I just emailed the rep and asked if we could still do it next Saturday, that way we'll be settled and the pup won't be coming into a home that is in complete disarray.  He'll be stressed enough as it is, so I think this is the right thing to do.  But darn, I **really** wanted him this weekend!

This morning, I placed an order from Petsmart for food, a raised feeder, a slicker brush, a huge rawhide chewie and a stuffed goose that supposedly makes "lifelike" noises.  Yay for puppy shopping!  I think we'll keep the food stored in a garbage pail with a screw on top out on the back porch.  It'll stay fresher that way and won't be taking up alot of cabinet space.

UGH, two days has now turned into a week and a half.  GAH!!!
God help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: {{BIG sigh...}}
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 12:15:06 pm »
I can feel for ya with the anxiety of getting another dog...waiting waiting and waiting some more...oh i am anxious for ya now LOL
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline declanssexymama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Um, I got BIG!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 12:17:59 pm »
Yeah, it's terrible waiting!  The only good thing is that now I can stop cracking the whip in regards to unpacking boxes, etc.  I think my husband was ready to kill me the past couple days!  So now we can all relax a little.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 12:19:52 pm »
I hated waiting! Just keep yourself busy. It sounds like you have a lot to do anyway. Time will go by fast and before you know it he'll be home with you enjoying your new place together.

Offline declanssexymama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Um, I got BIG!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 12:26:15 pm »
To be honest, I was feeling terribly rushed.  This'll be much better, I'm sure.  I'm picking up his crate either Friday evening or Saturday, and now I'll have time to take a run to the thrift store to get a couple comforters for him to lie on.  I want to be have everything ready when he comes!

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 12:30:27 pm »
Well I thought the news was going to be worse when I saw the title. WHEW!!  Big releif when I seen you just have to wait another week.  Sounds like you have plenty to do to keep yourself busy, and if you run out of things to do keep yourself occupied by PUPPY SHOPPING!!!!  That's the best! ;D

Andi

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2005, 07:29:18 pm »
I know what you mean! I've been waiting about 9 weeks for my pup... and still have to wait another week!

Maybe it is for the better that you have to wait... good luck!  :)
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 12:19:08 am »
That was a very "grown-up" decision to put off getting your baby for another week.  It was probably very smart, but I know how anxious you are!  And you do need to keep your marriage intact so you can BOTH take him out to potty!

Good job, and I hope the settling in goes well!

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 02:59:27 am »
hey did you know that they posted Crede up on the Saint Bernard Rescue page for IL on the 1st. I thought I would let you know. here is the link to it.
http://www.saintrescue.org/illinois.htm
and they don't have him as pending. you might want to call and ask about that.