Author Topic: I am SSSSSOOOOOOOO in love!...lol!  (Read 14401 times)

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
Re: I am SSSSSOOOOOOOO in love!...lol!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2005, 10:20:59 am »
Gypsy,

In 20 years of breeding Pyrs, I have yet to look at my dogs and not feel a little tug on my heart.  I was looking at one of the pups this am.  We named him Pippin.  If you are familiar with Lord of the Rings, and know who Pippin is, you will know this dogs personality exactly!  He was sitting in his run, he is still in with his dad and mom because he prefers it.  He was sitting facing his dad and started barking and growling at him (Pippin is 13 weeks old).  Warrior, his dad, just reached over and put his "Big Paw" pardon the pun, right on top of his head and just set there like that.  And me with no camera handy...lol  These dogs touch my very soul.  Gandalf is laying at my feet sound asleep and snoring and I even love that...lol

Not sappy... just your true feelings
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2005, 10:26:04 am »
And she said amen!.....lol  Never thought of it like that.  Im down to 5 Pyrs and 3 puppies right now but have had as many as 22!  That was the year EVERYONE got pregnant at the same time!  But we had a ball....  I breed 1 or 2 litters a year as demand dictates and sell them for pets and show, but mostly for Livestock guardians.  We havent had a litter for the past two years until this spring.  I forgot how much I missed having puppies around, despite all the work they entail.

Jackie
Jackie Wood

Rufiesmom

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2005, 11:15:56 am »
OMG he is sooo cute!! I could eat him up with kisses.  Are you keeping him?  It's great he has gotten to stay with his parents this long.  He will be taught the things that parents are the best at teaching.

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2005, 11:52:42 am »
Jenn,

The picture is of Warrior the father when he was 6.5 weeks old.  Yes I am keeping him for a breeder.  He has been shown and did well in the show ring until he reached sexual maturity.  He has become pretty dog aggressive which is ok for a guardian (which is what I breed for), but not in the show ring.  I cant take the chance there.  He is as people friendly as any pyr.  Just extemely Alpha.  Pippin, the pup I was talking about also gets to spend time with his grandfather Beluga, which I still have.  But no, Im not keeping Pippin. He is for sale along with his brother and sister.  Sadly, cant keep them all..lol

You know how it is, you cant own just one....lol

This is Beluga, the grandfather... my big sweety.
Jackie
Jackie Wood

Rufiesmom

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2005, 02:26:13 pm »
I see good looks run in the family!  What beauties!!

Offline pyrmom420

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2005, 08:57:27 pm »
I want to keep that as a quote...All white things are addictive, cocaine, heroine, Great Pyrenees. I have been clean and sober for 7 years, and happy to say I truly can't give up my Pyr addiction. If there is a 12 step program for Pyr addicts DON'T TELL ME! lol

And yes I too love my Gandalf more and more every day! I have had other pets over the years, but he is my baby.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2005, 09:00:13 pm »
If there is a 12 step Pyr program I am definitly staying in denial!...lol!