Author Topic: How did you find your breeder?  (Read 23179 times)

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: How did you find your breeder?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 04:30:40 am »
We found Lacey at a Petsmart in Fla when my mom and bro were visiting my sis.  Her breeder was shopping in the petstore when my mom was there and had a cart full of puppies.  My mom of course asked her about them and later that day my mom went to her house and picked Lacey out of the two females she had left.
Kali we found online and lucked out although her breeder wasn't the best she has been healthy.  I wouldn't recommend it but I think she was meant to be ours in a round about way.  We found her online I emailed the breeder and the next day my mom and bro drove 5hrs across New York to pick her up. 
Next pup though we're doing our homework on and going to a really good breeder in the area.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline GreatDanz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Truly Great Danes!
    • View Profile
    • Mickey's Gold Bead Adventure
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 05:20:19 am »
I found mine through the Great Dane Club of America and then interviewed her.
-Ericka

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.  Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. -Albert Einstein

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2006, 06:19:54 am »
When looking for another Lab, we basically just kept asking around, surfing the web, telling people what we were looking for.  It took about 8 yrs before we found a line we were interested in buying from, then another 2 yrs before we actually got a pup from that line.
Daphne

doggylover

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2006, 11:27:45 am »
We saw the most adorable bull mastiff dog at our vet and got the name of the breeder around two years ago.  Badger (our wonderful rotty) was needing thousands of dollars of medical care at that time and so we put off getting our next pup until all of his medical stuff was paid for.  We recently found the website for the breeder whose dog we met at the vet and drove 8 hours to her facility to make sure nothing hinky was going on. 
Our worst fear was that we could get a dog, unknowingly, from a puppymill and support EVIL with our dollars.  We are getting our puppy mid june and can't wait!
Ronda