Author Topic: Calculations  (Read 2554 times)

Offline Heighway

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Webster at 8 months
    • View Profile
Calculations
« on: November 02, 2005, 06:28:05 pm »
After having Webster for a month, (and a previous newf for 14 years), I have figured out how often I need to let him out to pee, to poo, how often to feed him and how much.   What I cannot calculate is the "just right" amount of water to put down in his water bowl at any one time.  If there is too little, he will put his paw in it and swirl it around and out of the bowl til it is empty.  If I put more than he can drink at one time, he will tip the bowl over and mop my kitchen floor with an inch of water and his hairy little backside.  At night, when I am "rationing" his water before bedtime, I will give him ice cubes.  The little dickens will eat ice as long as I will give it to him. It will dribble out of his mouth like a little faucet.  If there is water in Rileys bowl, Webster will set it flying across the room.  I won't even begin to calculate the amt of water Webster has emptied from our fish pond.  It is cute and funny, just not always to the one who has to mop it all up.
Karen

Offline Heighway

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Webster at 8 months
    • View Profile
Re: Calculations
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 06:31:14 pm »
Also, I have just this morning calculated how much time I can leave Webster on his own.  ZERO MINUTES!  This morning, in the length of time it took me to brush my teeth, he managed to pull 4 towels from the hall bathroom and to seek and destroy a bag of hickory chips that was supposedly lost for the last year.  (I still don't know where he found them)    Webster is 3 months old, afraid of NOTHING and full of personality.  At least we can still laugh and call it personality.
Karen

GR8DAME

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 06:35:41 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D
Oh Heighway, I love your Webster!
Stella

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 07:18:13 pm »
What a goofy Newfy you have there! Sounds like there is never a dull moment at your house. ;D

Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 08:44:14 am »
ooh dear! webster sounds an awful lot like fumble! lol!  fumble gets into EVERYTHING, and most of the time i have no idea where he even finds the stuff!  i swear, he was houdini in a past life!  our lil 3 mos. or so old newfies are quite the pair!  :P
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 09:06:04 am »
amazingly he sounds a lot like Gracey too!  She was into EVERYTHING for months.  I can turn my back on her now for short periods of time though.  It's a relief...but I kinda miss those mischievious days.