Author Topic: The dog House  (Read 4211 times)

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
The dog House
« on: November 03, 2005, 12:28:19 pm »
Our new dog house is almost done. I designed it and my hubby and  son  ;) built it. Doesn't it look great. It still need the shingals (sp), and some trim. But it is big enough for all the dogs and the kids. What do you guys think. It is 7ft x 7ft all together, the porch is 3ft x 7ft and the inside is 4ft x 7ft. Inside is at the highest point 4 1/2ft high.

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
Re: The dog House
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 12:36:52 pm »
Very cool! Have the dogs been in it yet? Do they like it?  Its fun that the kids can fit in it also I bet it will make a great hiding place.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 12:47:21 pm »
Very cool! Have the dogs been in it yet? Do they like it?  Its fun that the kids can fit in it also I bet it will make a great hiding place.

The dogs have been all over it except the roof. The watched it being built. They love it although our saint seems to like being under more that in it. And we can all fit in it at one time. after we got the sides on we all tested it out, and my son loves it.

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 01:05:55 pm »
That's awesome!!!  We modified a shed sorta like that for the furkids (cause again, we're not crafty enough to make if from scratch).  Keagan and Pepe LOVE it ... Kizmet won't go in it.  I think he's afraid we're trying to make him move outside lol. 

I bet with your kids AND dogs will have a BLAST!!!  I always wanted a playhouse when I was little  :'(

We are palnning on making a playhouse when we build our shed. We used a pallet for the base. I was afaired that the dogs weren't going to use it but I worried for nothing.
Jenn

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 03:17:00 pm »
That is AWESOME!!  You should start manufacturing these.  Kind of reminds me of the old chicken coops.   ;D  I bet people would be interested in something like this, b/c most doghouses are so tiny, one dog can hardly fit in them.

I wish I was crafty like that.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 03:43:04 pm »
The dog house looks great!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 09:33:16 pm »
That looks awesome! Great job :)
RIP former BPO

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 10:58:00 pm »
That is a great design. Great looking dog house. ;D ;D
Puck and Farley are very jealous ;D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 11:07:20 pm »
That's not a doghouse...It's a kid & dog clubhouse! ;D No parents or cats allowed!!! :D

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2005, 02:54:51 am »
Thanks everyone. I am so proud of my hubby, he did such a great job and I just wanted to share. Thanks again everyone.