Author Topic: junk food  (Read 10574 times)

nickerbokker

junk food
« on: May 03, 2005, 09:03:09 am »
what is good for dogs and what is bad.

with all my dogs before cody, the only things we didn't give them were steak and chocolate...bu t cody gets the runs if he gets anything out of the ordinary...and so i haven't spoiled angus yet.

what is good for them, and what is bad for them from ice cream to cheezits to chicken breasts to burger king?  help here would be great.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: junk food
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 09:53:04 am »
Bear is a certified junk foodahloic! He has a rock hard stomach and eats everything (in moderation) from McDonald's hamburgers to his own Cold Stone vanilla and peanut butter ice cream, steak, chicken, fish, sushi, frozen fruit, Oreo's, popcorn, jerky, and bread. There is nothing other than certain dog foods that give him an upset tummy. He gets small portions of junk almost daily after we have finished dinner. He is happy and healthy and not overweight at all. I don't know how others would agree with our feeding junk food to our dog, but he seems to like it and our vet says as long as its not toxic we're cool.  :)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 10:30:16 am »
Judge also will eat almost anything without it upsetting his tummy. Hot dogs are his all time fav.We also feed him a little of whatever we eat. I know lots of people do not agree but I wouldnt want to eat DOG FOOD every meal Would You?? The only things I found that gave him the runs was he got into the cat food and another time I changed his dog food. Gotta make you wonder what they put in some of those dog foods??
Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline elmo

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 01:34:19 pm »
chips all 3 of my saints love em but the danes  are far more fussy digestive bikies for them

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 03:24:06 pm »
Here is a very good article that will tell you what most dogs are eating in their dog food, it is very disturbing.

http://siriusdog.com/articles/dog-eat-dog-food.htm

GR8DAME

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 03:30:04 pm »
My crew will eat almost anything people food, in as much as they can beg, borrow or steal. Merlin, my dane is particularly fond of counter surfing and scarfing whole grain bread, by the loaf. Even the top of the fridge is not safe. I caught him standing on the counter with his front paws on the top of the fridge last night. I don't know who moved faster, me for the squirt bottle or him for the back door.
Stella

nickerbokker

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 03:31:36 pm »
LOL....WHAT A SIGHT TO SEE! 

my friggin dog LOVES the squirt bottle!  its like the coolest thing EVER!  didn't you know?!

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 07:05:51 pm »
I must admit, I don't give my fur babies junkfood. Just peanutbutter or cheese sometimes. But the lady across the street gives them Pringles now and then....she asked if it was ok first.

Vicki

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 11:21:03 am »
I'll put chicken or small pieces of leftovers in thier dinner to dress it up a bit. We usually have dessert at night & when we do my guys get vanilla frozzen yogart. Apache loves tomato sauce but anything else he examines it like it was poison, takes it away, puts it down & lays there & guards it, unless its meat he usually wont eat it.
Carolyn
Carolyn