Author Topic: Argh - stupid vet made Zoey afraid of the truck  (Read 1395 times)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Argh - stupid vet made Zoey afraid of the truck
« on: November 03, 2005, 10:25:40 pm »
Zoey has taken car trips at least weekly ever since she was a baby, and has always LOVED the truck. She has always been wicked excited when she sees the back of the truck open and jumps right in before we can even set up her ramp.... Until now.

Today I took Zoey to the pet store. She was terrified to get into the truck - it took me and Dan 10 minutes to get her in, and I almost just gave up and left her home. Then even after a fun trip to the petstore, Zoey was just as hesistant to get into the truck.

I couldn't figure out why she was so terrified of the truck at first, but then I realized it - we drove her in it to the evil vet last week. I am afraid that she is going to continue being afraid of the truck - that would be terrible. I am going to use treats and keep taking her fun places like the pet store, but I don't know how long I can keep doing it if she is going to be so difficult getting in - she almost got us killed in the petstore parking lot.

Argh  :-\
RIP former BPO

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Argh - stupid vet made Zoey afraid of the truck
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 10:47:11 pm »
Poop Zoey, maybe you can try to take her for a short daily ride.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Icerotti

Re: Argh - stupid vet made Zoey afraid of the truck
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 10:50:32 pm »
I think you have had great advice from those above me. I would say keep taking her for rides. Use lots of treats, praise and lovin'. She should turn around in no time. Sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience.