Author Topic: New lab girl added to Kuvasz family  (Read 9795 times)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
New lab girl added to Kuvasz family
« on: November 04, 2005, 11:03:05 am »
HI!  I am jumping over from the Kuvasz section as we just purchased a female black lab to be my son's hunting companion, she is 8 weeks old.  Does anyone have any training tips? (for hunting)
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Dobe SDs

Re: New lab girl added to Kuvasz family
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 11:47:02 am »
Here are some links to Bird Dog Schools.  Depending on where you live, one may suit you.
1.) http://www.chisholmcreekkennels.com/bird_dog.html
2.) http://www.birddogranch.net/5641prairieviewlogo4a.jpg
3.) http://www.huntingdogtrainers.com/
4.) http://www.fieldtrialdog.com/
Congratulation s on your new puppy!  I'm a Dober-girl since childhood and my husband introduced me to Labs, and our home will never be complete without one now!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 01:13:15 pm »
I don't know too much about Labs other than, from what I have seen, they are more obediant than my guys...lol...B ut, I would highly recommend that you POST SOME PICS!!! ;D & congrats on your new baby! :)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 03:09:56 pm »
LOL!  The pic's we posted were of course under the Kuvasz section under MAX, however her name is Shadow and here are a few pic's!  PS thanks for the info of training.  I will look at the schools, but do prefer to train myself so we shall see what is offfered around here.
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 03:12:21 pm »
a few more
Storm Jameson

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2005, 03:24:04 pm »
She is adorable and it looks like your son is just in heaven!!!!

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2005, 03:30:26 pm »
is she a purebred?
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2005, 12:20:35 am »
She is so cute. Have you ever had a lab before.

GR8DAME

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2005, 12:48:54 pm »
She is really precious, and the look on your son's face is priceless. Good luck with the training, and please keep posting adorable pictures.
Stella

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2005, 03:05:31 pm »
Soooooo Cute  :-*  Does she still have puppy breath?  :D
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2005, 03:22:47 pm »
LOL!  Yes she still has puppy breath, we had a lab / rottie cross for 8 years she was my son's dog and she died last yaer.  Yes she is purebred, very smart girl.  8 weeks old.  no accidents yet.  I thought of using the crate at night but he rescued her and takes her out when she wakes to go .  She whines when she needs to go outside.  Last night I checked her every few hours, she sleeps with my son on his pillow, she slept 5 1/2 hours before having to go outside.  I am trying to get an average of hours slept so I know how long I can sleep before taking her out.  I don't want my son up alot on school nights.  SHe gets food and water picked up at 6pm right.  Things are going well.  Posting some more pic's.  A few were already posted to Kuvasz pic's a few are new. 
Storm Jameson

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2005, 03:54:30 pm »
Here are the new ones and an older pic of beauty aidan and shady lady, that was Anthony's dog who passed.  Well I cannot pull up the new ones we took for editing.  Weird....It is harder with Black dogs to get good pic's! 
Storm Jameson

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2005, 03:56:40 pm »
Thanks for the link EastJenn I will definately be looking into it. 
Storm Jameson

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2005, 04:03:51 pm »
Very adorable new lab puppy!!! Yay!!! I am using the same technique with Mokey and housebreaking at night, she sleeps in the bed and somehow I miraculously wake up at intervals in the night and take her outside to pee. It is getting much better now and she can sleep 6 hours straight!! Woohoo! Now that she is 12 weeks I am getting much more rest!  :D
Good luck with the hunting! How nice to be able to give a purebred dog the job they were intended for! I don't even know where to start with my mutts!!! ;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 04:10:32 pm by doghealer »

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2005, 04:08:53 pm »
LOL!  We live on 160 acres in NorthernMinnes ota and on our property are quite a few ponds that ducks and geese frequent, not to mention there are many grouse.  My son has been in "Gun safety" training for a few years and hunts with my husband, did hunt smaller things with Shady lady, that was another post as well, but now wants to do some serious bird hunting so we are going to give him every opportunity and all teh help in training her and training him!  LOL
Storm Jameson