Author Topic: HEART-WRENCHING DECISION  (Read 22894 times)

Offline Heighway

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Webster at 8 months
    • View Profile
Re: HEART-WRENCHING DECISION
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2005, 09:37:37 am »
I think you have done every thing possible to help Petra.  Please add my thoughts and prayers to this long list of BPO friends.
Karen

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2005, 10:10:55 am »
I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. I can't even imagine the heartbreak you must be going through. I hope that this behaviorist will help you comfortably arrive at a decision that will work for the both of you. My thoughts are with you.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline lifeisgood76

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2005, 11:19:38 am »
I am in neorescue, please send me an email and i will call you.
Laurie
Laurie French
Mommy of Neapolitan Mastiff Daisy DOO!!
And Rotti Gunnar!

Offline 4myneo

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2005, 07:13:11 pm »
I am a USNMC rescue volunteer.  Unfortuately, some neo's do not do very well being rehomed.  Was she found in a shelter?  That seems to be the biggest issue with most of the rescue neo's.  When they get thrown into a shelter situation it really changes their personality.  These are dogs that LIVE for their 'people.'  Some will literally lie down and die. 

Unfortunately, USNMC Rescue cannot under any circumstance, take a dog that has shown any aggression.  The liability is too high.  We don't deal with cockers!!  These are dogs that can seriously injure, or kill a human.  Just in sheer size and weight.  Not to mention the determination. 

My suggestion, and the suggestion of any of our volunteers would be what you are dreading.  Let her go in your arms.  :'(

Nicole Smith
USNMC Member
USNMC VIP Club
USNMC Rescue Volunteer

angelsmama

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2005, 07:21:28 pm »
my mom is a master herbalist,  she recommends trying petra on valerian root, and if not that, go to an herb store and get st johns wort tincture and put one dropper in her food or water. itd be worth trying before letting petra go.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2005, 07:30:32 pm »
Actually, I think things have turned around somewhat for Petra, although I don't think we have heard from her owner in the last two and a half weeks or so.  To my knowledge, her last post was on this thread.

I hope she has continued to improve since that time.

Sofia

angelsmama

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2005, 07:32:03 pm »
as do i.. petras such a beautiful baby, i hate hearing things like that.