Author Topic: How big will he get?  (Read 3463 times)

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
How big will he get?
« on: November 05, 2005, 02:59:35 pm »
Tealk is  5 months old now. He weighs 47 lbs and is 18 inches tall. Does anyone know of a way to calculate how large he will get?
He is a character. In the first pic he is sitting by the garbage with all the empty bottles. He thinks this is his toybox. He helps himself to the empties as they make great playthings.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: How big will he get?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 03:07:48 pm »
Unfortunately there's no way of knowing till they're done (Ever hear of Clifford? ;) )

Every breeder can tell you about the giant pups that slowed down, and the runts that eclipsed them.  Or the pup that grew 6 inches and gained 20 pounds in a month.  Usually you can tell by their parents.  But no there isn't a real formula :(  Sorry
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Blair

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 03:08:44 pm »
He is very cute..I love rottie puppies. I cant tell you how big he will get but at 5 months Zeus was 58 lbs. The most Zeus has ever weighed was 102lbs and he could of probably gained 10 more pounds and looked good, but to me if was any bigger he would of been overweight. All puppies grow different. It really depends on his parents and other dogs in his pedigree, on how big he will get.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 03:35:28 pm »
Ah yes, the old "how big will he get" subject! One of my all time faves! I have started a thread with the exact same title in the mixed breed forum! Consider yourself lucky that you at least have a purebred dog on your hands so you know the genetics! ;)
Here's a link to a rottweiler growth chart, just averages of course.
http://www.der-rottweiler.com/menu2_01.html

Have fun!
Oh and my (mutt) pooch Nigel was about 50 lbs at 5 months, and he's about 80 lbs now at 8 months, I think they stay on that 10 lbs a month track for a while and then slow down around 9 months... only time will tell!!! :D

(To be honest, a closer look at that chart says to me that the male rottie they are charting is growing a bit too fast... just my opinion! wonder what they are feeding!!!)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 03:43:59 pm by doghealer »

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 09:02:16 pm »
I agree... there is no way to really tell. Felony's mom is tiny-tiny... I am guessing at about 70-80lbs, and her dad weighed around 150. Felony is 5 months old as well, and weighs right around 50lbs. I can only guess when she'll stop growing. Regardless, he is a cutie pie!

Offline jens2danes

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Dutchess & Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 10:02:28 pm »
AWWWW So cute!Jen

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 09:26:29 am »
love at that face!  He's ornary, isn't he?  I love his little eyes!

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 08:16:00 pm »
Ornary is a very good word to describe him. He aggravates the other dogs for fun. Then they will jump on him . He will get so mad, but he knows if he bites them they will jump on him again, so he will bite the coffee table or the couch or the chair... He is a cute brat ;)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 08:18:15 pm by K9ldy00 »
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla