Author Topic: Big scare  (Read 6202 times)

Offline Phillips

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Dixie & Brutis
    • View Profile
Big scare
« on: November 06, 2005, 09:43:50 pm »
Hi everyone, I had the biggest scare this weekend. Dewey (chihuahua) and Dixie got out of backyard (its fenced). Dewey caused a wreck between my husband who was coming home and our sister in law. Big drama there as you probably figure. Dewey was not hit but almost and he came home. Dixie never showed up. We looked and looked for about an hour and a half. No dixie. We got up first thing at daylight sunday morning and half of sunday day. I was sick to my stomache so bad and thought I would never see her again. we put up fliers and everything. We had to go to town sunday afternoon. My mother in law came home from church sunday night and stopped by the house and Dixie was in the yard. I was so happy and mad at the same time. Thank god for letting my baby girl come home.    please remember power of prayer.

My mother in law requested prayer that morning at church. THEN ALL MY FRIENDS AT BOXER TALK.COM PRAYED FOR US AND SHE CAME HOME. 

Just wanted to share this will all of you.
Boxer slobbers from Dixie and Brutis

Kiahpyr

Re: Big scare
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 09:47:05 pm »
I'm so glad she came home. I would be a nervous wreck too.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 09:55:07 pm »
I would have been scared out of my mind! I am so glad that Dixie is home safe and sound.

And I am sorry to here that Dewey caused a car accident. I hope it wasn't too bad!
RIP former BPO

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 08:54:07 am »
I hope everyone is ok.  Dixie "there's no place like home" .

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 11:53:33 am »
I'm glad everything worked out.  I don't know what I would have done in the same situation.

Offline Phillips

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Dixie & Brutis
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 09:54:47 pm »
Well, Everyone is fine, The wreck wasnt bad but since both cars belonged to my brother in law the insurance will not pay for damages. My husband was driving my brother in laws truck and stopped in middle of road and my sister in laws friend wasnt paying attention and ran into the back of my hubby. They were going at a slow speed. I am just glad everyone was okay and dewey and dixie are safe at home.
Boxer slobbers from Dixie and Brutis

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 10:37:51 pm »
I'm so glad that everyone is ok too. How scary! Someone was really looking out for you!  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 11:59:27 am »
So glad that everyone is OK. :)
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 12:24:12 pm »
Glad to hear that everyone is ok.  It's very scary when your dog is out and you don't know what's going on.  For the first 2 years of Darmok's 3 year life, she would run if she had the chance.  She actually just wanted to play, but would get distracted and go off on some kind of hunt or something.  I ended up taking her out on a 40 ft rope when she wanted to run and we weren't in a secure fenced in area.  Now that she's "all grown up"  ;), she is MUCH better at staying close by, and coming back when I call her.
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.