Author Topic: Mojo is sad  (Read 7919 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Mojo is sad
« on: November 07, 2005, 10:31:55 am »
Sometime last night Spencer's Guinea Pig, Torch/Lightning, passed away.   :'(

I found Torch this AM and wrapped him up and cleaned out his cage and dishes after the kids went to school(they don't know yet).  Whenever one of our furbabies dies, I let the others check them out and say goodbye.  I'm not sure why I do this, but I figure that short investigation on their part explains more to them then I ever could.

Anyways, while the other dogs may do a sniff or so here or there, Mojo gets markedly upset.  He runs from me to the animal and back and will nudge it whining.  Then he always gives me a look like, "why?" or "fix it!".  We've had our share of "pocket pets" in his 9 1/2yrs and the reaction is always the same.  Right now he is laying by the bag that Torch is wrapped in.  He will only come away if I call him and then he runs right back to it, keeping watch over his charge even after the very end.  :(  Does anyone else have an animal that acts like this when another crosses the bridge?  I'd understand a playmate, but they have hardly any interaction with the guinea pigs.  It really baffles me.

I'm not looking forward to breaking the news to the kids after school.  Torch was Spencer's first pet that was his and his only.  He fed and watered Torch and took him out and carried him all the time.  My heart is breaking already for his loss.  *Godspeed little Torch*
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Kiahpyr

Re: Mojo is sad
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 10:35:11 am »
Moni I'm so sorry for your loss and your son's. Mojo is very smart and knows somethings wrong. I've never had a dog act that way. Some are more sensitive then others.

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 11:07:01 am »
OH NO!!!  I loved Torch!  I'm so sorry Moni!  I would be freaking out (bawling hysterically) if I had to tell my daughter something like that when she got home from school.......I'm gonna be sad with you... :'( :'(

Andi

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 12:06:45 pm »
Ohhh, I'm so sorry to hear about Torch.  He seemed like a very friendly guy.

Fortunately, I have not had to deal with death w/i my little clan yet.  My bird is getting up there at 11+ years (not sure of exact age, but she's 11 at the youngest) for a cockatiel, and I'm dreading the day when she passes.  The dogs don't really interact with her, but will occasionally go up to her if I have her with me, and she has no problem going up to them.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.   Well now I'm sad just thinking about it.   :'(

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 09:39:14 am »
i'm very sorry for Spencer, i'm sure he'll be really sad. tell mojo that he can come over here and watch my bunny all he wants. (as long as i get to hang out with him!)
Leah
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 09:51:45 am »
I am sorry for your family's loss, especially Spencer.  We are in the midst of losing my first rescue dog, Sadie.  It is so painful and my heart goes out to you as a mom for having to tell your kids.  I am sure you will find a very loving way.

What a beautiful thing Mojo is doing.  I think Mojo must see it as his duty.  We have had similar experiences with Sam and I love the dedication and purpose he shows. 

Hugs to you and your family and good boy Mojo.
Krista
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 10:11:59 am »
My 8 year old Ethan lost his first Guinea Pig, FlameDude (don't you just love little boy names?), about 2 years ago.  He took it hard, and I was soooo upset that whole day waiting to get off work and deliver the sad news to him.  I can understand where you're at and I just wanted you to know you're not alone!  It's so hard when a pet dies, and especially hard when it involves the love of a child.  Ethan still misses him, but I think although I would like to protect him from things, death is just a part of life. Maybe it's a good thing that they experience that, rather than be sheltered from it.  Anyway, good luck this afternoon, and I'm sorry for your family's loss. RIP Torch.
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline hennaly

• Gnawer
  • anoushka
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 10:16:04 am »
oh that is so sad but sweet, what a sweet dog to do that.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 07:46:03 pm »
any update on how your kids took the news?  so sorry this had to happen  :'(
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 09:11:23 am »
sorry, i'm not on much anymore due to being demoted to dialup since the move and our nice video card blowing up... so we have our old school one in here for now.  talk about SLOOOOOOOOOW.. ..  forget looking at pictures or busy pages... :'(

Anywho.. i just came across this and wanted to thank all you well wishers.  Not sure how it got resurfaced, but this happened back in 05, so as of now Spencer is doing well, though he still misses him.  but thanks for the kind thoughts again.  :)
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.