Author Topic: Vehicle's For BPO pets  (Read 27512 times)

Nicole

Re: Vehicle's For BPO pets
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 10:11:19 pm »
Mari,
 Cabeza always enters and exits that way. He's too afraid to jump. So, we're used to that. Thanks for the reminder, though. I'll probably just get him a ramp. We've been needing one to get him in and out of the boat, anyway. Sometimes the docks are so far away from the boat! (higher or lower)

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2005, 10:34:29 am »
Hi,

THANK YOU this has been extremely informative. I like the Matrix (She hates it  ??? She Likes the CRV  (I do too  :P but won't tell her) Make her sweat a little.

K9 cooky that dog ramp looks Great!! i'm definately lokking into that from the picture the link looks like www.dogramp.co m

Rich

PS Winslow went to the vet last night and weighed in at 64 pounds at 18 weeks old 8)
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Kiahpyr

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2005, 10:37:31 am »
I love my CRV!!! That's a good choice! ;)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2005, 11:43:00 am »
Don't forget the much-overlooked Kia Sportage! It gets great gas mileage - about 25 mpg in town, can actually hold a lot more than you think (I've hauled 3 big dogs and one small dog in it when I lay the back seats down (probably 2 giants would fit, I've hauled mostly lab-sized big dogs). And it's CHEAP and very reliable.

I'm looking to get a new car, too and thought I would look at the Mistubishi hybrid SUVs. Anyone know anything about them??
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2005, 01:24:41 pm »
We recently leased a Dodge Durango after months of shopping and comparing other SUV we thought it was the best bang for the buck.

It is large enough to fit 2 large crates in even with the back seat up for human use. 
The gas milage is only 15/19 but at $200/month 0 down  we figured in the long run we are saving money over leasing the Trailblazer $400.00/month, Equinox $343/month, GC $310/month and the many others we looked at most of which did not get much better then 20 miles tops.

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2005, 01:37:58 pm »
I've heard good things about the hybrid SUV's for basic gas mileage and what-not. The only problem with them (for us anyway) is that they aren't as powerful. So, they probably wouldn't work for hauling heavy stuff. (Like boats). I wish they would, though. But they're just not as hefty as we need.

I also heard with the hybrids that you have to change the battery every couple of years which will cost you about $2000.  There goes all the money you saved on gas....
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2005, 04:59:29 pm »
We have a dodge caravan. It works great, and is good on gas.

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2005, 05:14:41 pm »
I've had my full size 1999 Chevy Suburban for 5 years now, I do love my truck & although I hate filling it up about $100 BIG tank, gets about 13mpg, fits 3 big dogs perfectly. When camping we can sleep in it. To save on gas I ride my motorcycle, if one of the bikes break down, I know I can hook up the trailer & go get it.
Carolyn
Carolyn

k2campbell

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2005, 08:27:46 pm »
ok....this is getting scary Kelly! lol  :o  Your hubby's name isn't Gary is it??? lol ;) ;D

No, hubby's name is Eric (phew)!  Too funny though!  So, what color is your Dakota  :-\

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2005, 12:43:07 am »
I drive a Jeep Wrangler.   You'd be surprised at what you can actually fit in those things! LOL  It was very affordable even though I got it with everything possible on it!  It gets about 20 MPG in town 22 on highway. 

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006, 01:21:26 am »
We're buying the new RAV4 when the v6 comes out.  It's small enough to feel comfortable yet big enough to fit our doberkid (and possibly a playmate for her in the future  ssshhhhhh! ;D).  We are DEFINATELY getting leather in it.  I've cleaned enough cloth seats in my days to know better than to buy it again.  lol
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2006, 02:24:11 am »
very smart about the leather...I have an X-terra with cloths seats and they are trashed! Daisy ripped up the back today. it's roomy though.  ;D
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2006, 09:37:17 am »
Wow this is a really good post,good info!
I have also been looking recently for a new vehicle to accomidate my little soon to be big Kayzer! I have A 2000 Intrepid
Beautiful car to ride in and drive but it always has something wrong with it.The material of the interior is the worst thing I have ever seen,Its like valcro.Everyth ing sticks to it and its really hard to get off, I hate it! Thinking about a Ford Escape! Did some research and it sounds pretty good on gas and quite roomy inside for an SUV. Im very relieved that Im not the only one buying a new car for my dog LOL
cuttles

Icerotti

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2006, 10:22:43 am »
I ended up getting a 2004 ford expedition eb for our crew. At the time we still had 2 rottis. It is very roomy. Great for travelling. I can get a crate for Farley and Puck ( no crate).There is still plenty of room left for luggage and car seat ;D Not the best vehicle on gas though :-\
My husband has a 2005 ford escape. It is great on gas but we have not tried it with the dogs yet.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 10:37:21 am by Icerotti »

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2006, 03:47:14 pm »
Wow this is a really good post,good info!
I have also been looking recently for a new vehicle to accomidate my little soon to be big Kayzer! I have A 2000 Intrepid
Beautiful car to ride in and drive but it always has something wrong with it.The material of the interior is the worst thing I have ever seen,Its like valcro.Everyth ing sticks to it and its really hard to get off, I hate it! Thinking about a Ford Escape! Did some research and it sounds pretty good on gas and quite roomy inside for an SUV. Im very relieved that Im not the only one buying a new car for my dog LOL
cuttles

First mistake you bought MOPAR!  Boooo Hisssss!  :P  OK just so you know, I test drove the Escape when I was looking at cars in April (Nee was about 8 months old at the time).  I thought it was too small.  He couldn't lay down unless all the seats were down, (OH YES, I brought him with me) he was hunched in the back pushed between the back of the seats and the actual tail gate.  I don't even WANT to think about trying to do it with him now.  I guess if I never took anyone anywhere and if I only had the one Dog it would be OK.  Honestly though, Matt's mom just got the new Chevy HHR and I LOVE IT!  LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  You should check it out.  Tons of Cargo Room, AWESOME gas mileage, Great styling, low to the ground so easier for the babies to jump in and out of.  Just an idea :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 03:48:56 pm by Anky »
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."