Author Topic: Samson isn't feeling well : (  (Read 10936 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Samson isn't feeling well : (
« on: May 03, 2005, 10:40:22 pm »
Samson had some semi formed stools today & didn't eat his dinner tonight...He also vomited but it was right after he got ahold of an ice cube I dropped on the floor & probably swallowed it whole...He just seems more tired than usual tonight too...I gave him a little leftover beef & gravy on his dinner last night...Might it have cause a bellyache?...I feel so bad for the poor "little" guy. :(

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Samson isn't feeling well : (
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 06:14:46 am »
Last night I slept on the family room floor with him & he seemed to sleep o.k.
except for this early a.m. he was restless so I took him out & he had
some diarreah...It was yellow & very odorous...Also, there was a piece
of something in it I could not identify though it may very well have
been a piece of foam from my slipper he ate earlier this week....But, I
am not sure...Any input here on what to do?...Ty!

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 11:58:54 am »
Gypsy,

Changing your dogs food can cause what you are discribing.  Some dogs dont have problems with a change in food but others do.  Keep him on his normal food for a while and keep a close eye on him for more vomiting or diarrhea.  He could have a partial blockage from the slipper he chewed up if he passed a part of it.  If his stool does not firm up you need to take him to a vet.

Good luck with him,
Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 10:00:52 pm »
Samson's fine...He's good...He sends his love! (LOL!...Anyone ever seen that Rossanne episode?)    ...It turned out the piece of a slipper was infact a piece of pork twist he had last night...I put him on a bland diet today (boiled ground beef & rice) & he gobbled it up at 3 different feedings today & hasn't had any loose stools since this morning...Infa ct he hasn't pooped at all....I hope this is a good sign...I am hoping he will be "Captain Poop America" (what I call him when he poos...lol..He loves it!) before we hit the sheets tonight!...TY all for your replies!

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 10:17:07 pm »
You are too funny gypsy!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 10:46:17 pm »
There are two things in life a gal' can be without being disregarded or walk upon...A word I cannot use here without refering to a female dog or a comedianne...&, well, I love to laugh! ;) :D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2005, 05:13:39 am by GYPSY JAZMINE »

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 09:30:09 am »
Darnit!!!!...He had a decent stool early this morning...Just a bit softer than I like to see with just a little loose at the end & diarreah again just now...GGGRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRR!!!!...I think he is going to have to come off of his new food...I bought a backup bag of Iams Large Breed Puppy so I am going back to that for now until I decide what to try next...I am pretty sure it will be Canidae...Anyo ne want about 30 lbs. of Premium Edge?...lol!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 09:37:08 am »
This is probably the only place we can sit here and talk about poop and puke like it's everyday conversation without making everyone else disgusted. If you're like me, you regularly inspect the consistency and foreign bodies in your dog's stool to see how they are doing. My neighbors must think I'm always losing something outside as I am always bending over or squatting down to investigate the ground!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2005, 10:31:03 am »
LOL!...That's the truth!...I am sure my neighbors think I'm nuts too!...There I am squating down on the ground & poking around in Sammy poo with a stick AND singing to Sammy "There he is...Captain Poop America"...lol!

Jen

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 10:40:44 am »
I KNOW my neighbors think I am nuts!  I walk around my yard with big yellow rubber gloves and a bottle of bleach!  And if I see a nice firm pile I get so exited tha I shout to my husband "LOOK HONEY SHE HAD A GOOD ONE!"

Jen