Author Topic: Introducing Angus!  (Read 21831 times)

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing Angus!
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2005, 05:17:48 pm »
Welcome!! Angus is so handsome!!  :o

I am owned by a 8 week old and a 13 year old chocolate lab

Hope you enjoy it here!   :)

{p.s. you have to post TONS of pictures of Angus!!! ;D}
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2005, 05:21:36 pm »
He is absolutely adorable!!!!  I can see how he could easily capture anyone's heart.

I'm Melissa.  I have a 4 month old Giant Schnauzer named Dazy and a 3 year old Miniature Schnauzer named Ladybug.  Nice to have you at BPO.

GR8DAME

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2005, 06:11:43 pm »
I absolutely agree, he is lovely! And more picture are in order for sure. Welcome to BPO, I am Stella, and my crew is below.
Stella

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2005, 08:02:11 pm »
He is a looker that is for sure! Angus looks like a vey lovable pup. Congrats on bringing him home.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline yogibear

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 08:20:20 pm »
Oh Angus, aren't you the cuttest!   I love the white on his lower lip.  :P
His PawPrint caught my eye, it is so sweet. 

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 08:42:16 pm »
Hello and Welcome to BPO! Angus is adorable! :)
RIP former BPO

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2005, 12:48:28 pm »
Hello and Welcome to BPO! Angus looks great and has a fantastic name!

Offline spikey70

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2005, 07:51:33 pm »
Thanks to everyone for all the kind words about my new little man.  He went for his first visit to our vet today.  He received glowing reviews (hips and all!), so we were very excited.    I think the only trouble we may have with him is I think he knows how cute he is...  :)

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2005, 08:47:29 am »
this is sooooooooooooo oooooooooo,true!!!!!!!11love,molly,maggie!
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2005, 09:39:36 am »
What a doll!! Congrats on your new puppy!

I have never met an AM you said its a mix of OEM and Anatolian. Do they tend to take after one breed more then the other in temperament? or is it luck of the draw?

Offline spikey70

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2005, 09:04:38 pm »
Regarding temperment, after speaking with and reading threads from MANY MANY AM parents, they all predominately take after OEM's (very good natured, laid back and loving), with a touch more on the protective side as they get older (the anatolian in them).   As I understand (and please any AM Breeders reading correct me), the LONG AGO final split of the breeds ended up around a 75/25% split favoring the OEM's. 

Anyway, after about 4 days with him I am completely smitten.

Offline Mountainmom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2005, 05:37:37 pm »
He is just the cutest!!!
 ;D
I have one at 14 months and now I want another!  They are like potatoe chips..

You will be thrilled with the friend you have, the main key is too socialize him early and introduce him to as much as possible.

Congratulation s!! I know it was along wait.

Offline Proliant

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2005, 01:02:23 pm »
1/8 Anatolian and 7/8 OEM. The last outcrossing was about 7 generations ago (as I have been told by breeder).

It's nice to see another AM. What a beautiful boy. I predict that you will continue to be smitten for a very long time!

Please give him a big hug from us and a big lick from Goliath...... well maybe you can just tell him that Goliath says "hi"  LOL.....

Matthew and Goliath

Offline Proliant

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2005, 01:20:22 pm »
As far as the temperment goes, I would have to say that I haven't seen any type of agression from Goliath (or any of the other AM's I have met) however they can be protective. I have seen my normally super sweet baby (best friend of all the kids in the neighborhood and general love bunny) go to raging madman when we walked into my house being broken into ..... That was one regretting crook! But it is more a laid back OEM personallity then Anatolian from everything I have seen.

I love the personality ...... I got an AM because I had an OEM near me when I was a kid and I was hoping for that same temperment for my son to grow up with as well.

Matthew and Goliath

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2005, 01:27:06 pm »
How old are the AM's...Anatolians and other LGD"s wont show their true character until 2-4 years old...and with LGD's it isnt problems with your family, it is members outside the family they are unfamilar with...

Both my dogs CAO & CO are LGD's and they are marshmallows but it is strange people that I need to be careful about

MY female is still young on 5 months so she is fine..my male is 1 yr and still puppy like in a ton of ways...he is more distrustful of strangers as he matures.  LGD's also arent big on wrestling..mea ning my son cant wrestle with friends unfamilar to my dog and he also gets upset if my husband wrestles with me, they also dont like fast movements or eratic behavior

Just show you know the LGD's way of thinking :) which is very different than mastiffs and incase things you didnt recogize before pop up
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka