Author Topic: Wet or Dry!?!?!?  (Read 3832 times)

Offline lil_princess724

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Wet or Dry!?!?!?
« on: November 13, 2005, 06:32:18 pm »
My husband and i are still debating on a new pup, Our big question is can you geta saint who does not drool?
Cassandra
        Bailey's mom

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Wet or Dry!?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 08:04:43 pm »
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! and beware of any breeder who tells you that they have dry mouthed Saints- they don't exist. Some Saints will drool more than others, and some won't even drool that bad, but all in all Saint Bernards drool. In the end you come to not even notice it, and I think that drool is so worth it to have one of these dogs!! Good luck in your decision.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 08:05:37 pm »
I don't know about Saints, but I do know with Newfs (who can drool buckets  :D) some breeders have dogs with tighter mouths than others, but I don't think you can get them "drool-free"....it's just part of the breed.  If being drool-free is important, maybe consider another breed....like a Bernese Mt. Dog or some of the other giants.  They all have great attributes.... just ask anybody here! ;D

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 08:46:03 pm »
Theoretically, you can get a saint that has been bred to have smaller jowels (which mean less drool).

Zoey has smaller jowels... I'll let you judge for yourself how effective they are for drool control :D
RIP former BPO

GR8DAME

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 01:19:11 am »
I don't have a saint, but even my dobies, who are a very tight mouthed breed will drool. Given the right provocation, you can have a lake under any breed.
Stella
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 01:19:30 am by GR8DAME »

Offline lil_princess724

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 10:54:16 pm »
thank you. i thought it was not possiable. i mean Bailey drools when she is playing. but i am not to sure i could handle constant drool. yeah i would say they do droll thanks for the pic. they sure or so cute. i will definatelty let ya-ll know what we decide.
Cassandra
        Bailey's mom