Author Topic: Getting Spayed  (Read 8899 times)

Kiahpyr

Getting Spayed
« on: November 14, 2005, 03:43:46 pm »
Kiah's getting spayed tomorrow and I'm already nervous. That's why I'm glad it snowed today, so she could have a lot of fun before the big day. I talked to the vet for thirty minutes when I made the appointment. He already thinks I'm crazy. Just wait until tomorrow. ;)

lins_saving_grace

Re: Getting Spayed
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 03:58:19 pm »
Kiah's getting spayed tomorrow and I'm already nervous. That's why I'm glad it snowed today, so she could have a lot of fun before the big day. I talked to the vet for thirty minutes when I made the appointment. He already thinks I'm crazy. Just wait until tomorrow. ;)
Yeah she'll be fine.  We all worry when our babies go in for the big O.

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 04:13:49 pm »
When she comes back home, she'll be all groggy and loveable, and you can just hug and hug, and  she will eat it up! :D
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 04:45:11 pm »
Can I sit on the nervous couch with you?   Dazy goes in to be spayed on Thursday.  :(

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 04:50:51 pm »
Can I sit on the nervous couch with you?   Dazy goes in to be spayed on Thursday.  :(

Of course! I am busy in the morning, so that will help pass the time. I'm just so happy that I get to bring her home the same day. I thought the vet was going to keep her overnight. I guess they don't do that anymore.

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 04:52:40 pm »
Same here.  I'll be able to pick Dazy up late in the afternoon. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 04:55:33 pm »

Of course! I am busy in the morning, so that will help pass the time. I'm just so happy that I get to bring her home the same day. I thought the vet was going to keep her overnight. I guess they don't do that anymore.
not too often anymore.  :)  We'll be thinking about both your puppers' tomorrow.

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 06:25:27 pm »
I'll be thinking good thoughts for Kiah. 

One thought:  Mom took Max in for the Big Snip not long ago, and the cone made him crazy, literally.  He wouldn't eat, got snappy (didn't bite, but was aggressive about things) and even seems a little disoriented.  Mom took him back the next morning because he just kept getting snappier and more disoriented as the hours passed, and the vet put on a different kind of collar, that kind of looks like a cervical collar for a person, but dog sized.  Max was fine by the time he walked out of the office, tail wagging and happy. 

You should talk to your vet and see if he has the collar, rather than the cone.  It holds the next stiff and they can't lick anything they shouldn't, but it doesn't rob them of their peripheral vision the way the cone does.

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Kiahpyr

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 06:33:15 pm »
Thanks for the good thoughts everyone. I will keep you updated tomorrow. Nodognow I will definately be checking on that collar thing. I think I know what you're talking about.

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 08:19:55 pm »
I will keep Kiah in my thoughts...I am sure all will go well
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

k2campbell

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 10:02:35 pm »
Awwww, poor baby.  She'll be ok, I'll keep her in my thoughts.

Now Mum - take it easy and don't stress!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 10:06:55 pm »
I know she'll be fine, but I'll be with you on the worry bench!  Just cuz!!  Please give us the word when she's home with you, safe and sound.  Then I'll be able to get off the bench!!!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2005, 10:36:11 am »
I just dropped Kiah off at the vets office. She's also getting microchipped. It's so queit around here without her. It's hard coming home when she's not here to greet me with a smile on her face and her tail wagging so fast her whole backend moves with it. I miss her already. Gee maybe I am crazy for wanting to cry. Thanks for all your support.

GR8DAME

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2005, 10:58:54 am »
<<<<<<<positive vibes>>>>>>>>>good thoughts>>>>>>>>>>>
All coming your way. I hate it when the puppers are at the vets for anything involving anesthesia. But she will be just fine, Mom. Keep us posted.
Stella

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2005, 11:19:44 am »
We're all with you! Of course she'll be just fine and the good news about this is she only has to do it once! ;D
Hopefully that's it!!  Never again with being 'put under'!!! 

I'm driving all day today so will check in tonight to make sure she's home safe and sound!  Great idea about the microchip as well!  Chester got his a couple of months ago...nothing to that!  Cowboy actually has two...one from his previous owner (I guess different companies have different parts of the country???) but that one has been reprogrammed so he'll come home to me!!!

Fingers crossed and I'll be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way!!!