Author Topic: save his tail!  (Read 2580 times)

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
save his tail!
« on: November 15, 2005, 02:25:51 am »
so... nikki has this habit... of yankin out all of cody's tail fur... i didn't think much of it first.... but ... seriously.. .cody's tail's getting a bit on the SPARSE side after 2 months of this shenanigans... and tonite, i checked nikki's crate, full of spat-out golden retriever fur.

should i put some hot sauce/bitter apple on cody's tail? seems kinda gross but... i don't want a mangled tail just cuz the new(er) pup's a doofus...

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: save his tail!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 09:18:17 am »
I think it's a great idea...a little bitter apple a couple of times a day should do it!

With my first two Newfs,  the female, Lucille would get the male, Otis, running and then grab him by the tail to stop him.  Our back yard would have white fur all over!!!  I do understand!!! ;D

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 10:28:34 am »
I couldn't help but laugh when I read this post.  I can just picture Codys tail getting thinner and thinner with each passing day. Poor boy :(
I think the bitter apple would work. Good Luck.

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 11:19:19 am »
hahaha!  i can relate to this-not the tails but beards.  obviously giant schnauzers tail are docked (it is weird being around any dog with a tail now, i am so not used to it) but giants are bad about pulling out other giants' beards.  its like a greeting thing they do.  so tickled to see each other they grab the others' beards and drag em all over they place.  its really cute, but those beards get mighty sparse!  of course the pups are worse and it tends to lessen as the dog matures.  i still havent figured out how to stop it.     
~SHELLIE & HUGO~

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 02:24:33 pm »
One of my cats does this to another cat of mine. You'll find these random piles of cat hair in about a 1 sq. ft. area sometimes. The funny thing is, the other cat doesn't seem to care... no bald spots, yet, either. You can't really tell it's happening except for the fur piles on the floor.