Author Topic: who is also going though this?  (Read 3093 times)

Offline ting1sf

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
who is also going though this?
« on: November 17, 2005, 11:27:26 pm »
My big puppy is still having accidents in her crate. And each accident comes with washing the Big puppy and then the XL crate.  This is time and energy draining..... I wonder is there an wasy way out or I am doomed to repeat this till she is potty trained? (which seem to take forever....  :'(
I rather love a dog than a human. Because you put  100% into a dog , you get 200% back. As for humans you sometimes you get nothing back.

Offline Halo05

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: who is also going though this?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 11:39:39 am »
Is the crate too big? Has the vet checked everything out? Penny was like that , turned out to be bladder stones!! The have since disappeared without any surgery.

Offline Kirsten

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 02:03:25 pm »
yeah, crate size is most likely, and if not see a vet.  it isn't normal for dogs to pee where they sleep, unless they just can't hold it anylonger and it is involuntary.  Lots of pups have small bladders though, so maybe the pup just needs out of the crate more often.  Are you feeding and giving water on a schedule?  that can help too because you can have a better idea of when pup needs out, and the pup will have a better understanding of when it will get let out. 

when is it happening?  daytime while you are gone, night time while you sleep?

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 12:07:43 am »
females also get vaginitus easy and UTI and also can have a hymen type blockage in their privates so it is good to havethe vet check that  becouse if they do have one, they pee more frequently and leak urine and have tonns of accidants, but, it can be that way with vaginitus.
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

Offline ting1sf

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 04:51:35 pm »
I have talked to a vert when she was like 5 months old and she said the symtoms was not that of UTI. This has been a problem since she was 3months old till now 9months old. She would be okay for like a week and all of a sudden I wake up and she would pee in her crate. Rarly poo mostly pee. I know its not the crate cause she barly is able to strech out in her XL crate and we had to get out of an L crate cause she seem really really cramped in there.
I rather love a dog than a human. Because you put  100% into a dog , you get 200% back. As for humans you sometimes you get nothing back.