Author Topic: Gershwin & Guinness  (Read 7623 times)

Yaz

Gershwin & Guinness
« on: November 18, 2005, 10:35:55 pm »
Gershwin was finally ready to be taken home this weekend and he was well worth the wait. We got to see Guinny too - he is now nine months and over 140 pounds! It didn't feel as strange as I thought it would to see Guinny. Perhaps it is because he is so happy with the breeder and playing with the other Saints. He was happy to see me but just as happy to go off and play, too. Here are a few pics of Gershwin during his first (and probably last) bath in the sink, Guinness, some of the remaining pups in the litter and Gershwin's mom.  He seems like a sweet easy going little guy - but that could just be because he is tired today - hopefully both Gersh and my 10th month old son, will sleep through the night tonight!

Yaz

Re: Gershwin & Guinness
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 10:38:27 pm »
Oops! Forgot to post pictures of the remaining pups. There are currently five pups left so if any one in the Ontario area is thinking of getting a Saint....

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 10:38:46 pm »
He is adorable! CONGRATS!  :)
RIP former BPO

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 11:00:48 pm »
Gershwin is so adorable!!! Guinness looks very healthy and happy. I'm so happy that everthing worked out for the best.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 11:01:15 pm by Tajsa »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 11:33:49 pm »
How great that it's all worked out!  Gershwin is adorable and I must admit to having that ole 'puppy pull':  I gotta have a puppy again, (like Chester isn't still a puppy!!)  How fun to have a new baby in the house!!!  Sniff his head for me, please ;D ;D

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 09:34:29 am »
He is so cute. I can't believe that you gave him a bath in the sink. I don't think molly was that small when we got her. I also saw the pictures with his little keg, and he looked adorable.

Lyn

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 09:36:44 am »
Oops! Forgot to post pictures of the remaining pups. There are currently five pups left so if any one in the Ontario area is thinking of getting a Saint....

Ooooo I like the fuzzy one with the spot on his head. LOL *slaps self* "Can't get another puppy"  :P

Yaz, I'm glad to see Guinness is doing well. He's a big boy. He's got about 30 pounds on Bubba. He's weighing in at about 110 right now. And they are the same age. lol

Good luck with Gershwin. He is just too cute. You must post lots of pics.

Yaz

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 11:13:29 am »
Guinny is doing really well. I think the reason he is so big is that he is not kept indoors anymore so he is eating more to keep his body geared up for winter. The breeder has a 100 acre farm and Guinn, along with the other Saints hang out with the breeder during the day as he works the farm. His eyes looked pretty good but definitely need further surgery.
 I was just happy that he looked so at home there and didn't even try to follow me to the car when I was leaving. Gil (my hubby), on the other hand, was pretty upset and the evening we brought Gershwin home we talked seriously about getting Guinny back. But it really is kind of like when you run into an old flame - for the moment you see them you romanticize everything about them until reality hits. Financially with one income supporting three little ones (and possibly a fourth) we can not afford the surgeries for the big guy as much as we would like to. So, we have to be at peace with our decision and focus on the sweet new pup.

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 11:32:07 am »
Im so glad to hear Guinney is doing great.The other pups look so cute with their monk caps.

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 12:28:38 am »
Financially with one income supporting three little ones (and possibly a fourth)

Did you forget to tell us something or did I miss it.

Yaz

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 12:41:29 am »
Oh, not right now - I am still sleep deprived from night nursing my 10 mth old! But perhaps next year if the stars align...

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2005, 12:56:18 am »
Oh, not right now - I am still sleep deprived from night nursing my 10 mth old! But perhaps next year if the stars align...

I got luck with my last one, she sleep pretty well through the night.  but now she wakes up about 11 pm everynight for no reason at all. Sometimes she just cries others she just wants to play. She is now15 months old and I stop nursing at a year. Sorry, I was thinking I had missed something. Gershwin does look so cute. Sorry now I'm rambling

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2005, 09:42:28 am »
oh my gosh! they are sooooo cute!! and i love the nameS!!  congratS!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Yaz

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 02:11:18 pm »
Thank, everyone. Look like I made the right choice with the little guy. He is so laid back and mellow, just what I need with a houseful of screaming children. This week has been especially bad with all three munchkins having colds and being cranky, but having Gershwin makes the days bearable.

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2005, 12:42:19 am »
Thank, everyone. Look like I made the right choice with the little guy. He is so laid back and mellow, just what I need with a houseful of screaming children. This week has been especially bad with all three munchkins having colds and being cranky, but having Gershwin makes the days bearable.

Our the kids feeling any better yet? And need more pictures ;).