Author Topic: I think Bell hates me!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8388 times)

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
I think Bell hates me!!!!!!!!!!
« on: November 19, 2005, 11:08:05 pm »
I really do think Bell hates me.  :'(  If i feed her she wont eat her food.  If her daddy feeds her she will gobble it up so fast that it will make your head spin. 
When i put her in her crate at night as soon as i put her in it she screams and pees everywhere within a matter of seconds. 

Of course he all he has to say is bell go get in your bed and she runs in and lays down.  Never makes a peep or pees anywhere the whole night. 
I try so hard to get her to love me like that.  All the other dogs do.  My bf says it is because he respects him.  I think he is slipping her hot dogs or something because i train with her not him.  I take her running everyday and take her to the barn.  And i used to feed her but she wouldnt eat so now he does. 

I dont understand.  Can anone explain this because i really cant.  How can i get her to love me like she loves her daddy? :-[
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

GR8DAME

Re: I think Bell hates me!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 11:37:53 pm »
Gosh, that's a toughie! If trying hard hasn't done anything for you, maybe ignore her. If she sees you interacting with the other dogs, she'll seek your attention, rather than you seeking hers. I could be way off here, but what do you have to lose?
Stella

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 11:32:43 am »
I totally agree with Stella's advice! I've never had this problem but don't think that making her feel like she is missing out on your great company is a bad idea.  Bear is totally a momma's boy which make me super happy.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 11:36:46 am »
Alright
I am going to try this method because i think that it is the only method that i havent tried.  but i really think it will work because my sister came over with her 1 year old to get bell used to him and so he could see the other dogs.  She hates dogs.  She loves that i have them because heath her son loves them but she doesnt want any of her own.  So she ignores everyone and i swear they all swarm to her as if she were honey and they were bees.  It is crazy.  thank you Stella, Holly, and Tina for the info i will let you know how it goes.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 11:43:24 am »
Amber that is a great idea. I've never tired it on dogs before. I have a cat that hates everyone and didn't like my hubby at first. He would pet the other two cats and she would come running for his attention. Now she adores my hubby. It's definately worth a try.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 11:49:26 am »
If it makes you feel better, Maia likes a guy I work with better than me.  She has only seen him a handful of times but you should see how excited she gets to see him.  Granted Maia being excited would not compare to most dogs being excited.  I don't know what to tell you, except obviously your bf is a great guy and Bell agrees.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 12:17:12 pm »
Ok i brought up this old thread because something extrodinary happened.  Bell came and snuggled and would not stop following me.  I think playing hard to get for a couple of months really worked.  Thank you to all of my BPO friends to help me get my dog to love me  ;)

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 04:47:50 pm »
 ;D YAY! 
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 04:54:30 pm »
dogs are people particular...d on't know why...but they are.  :)  Lady loves me and snuggles and listens...but she's a daddy's girl (god knows why)
Grace is all mine!  She gives daddy attitude.  No wonder I like her so much.

Offline jessicanparker

• Ankle Biter
  • Skuy & Ivy - the first meeting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 04:27:35 pm »
I think weims are really picky when it comes to favorites. My husband and I got our weim, Ivy, when she was 4 mos. old. I wanted her soooooo much and really had to talk him into it. I thought she would be "my dog" and everything would be fabulous! That's not the case. I love her to pieces and I really think she would rather have me out of the house. We talk for her a lot (we're weirdos) and I have been dubbed "evil mom". She cries if I put her to bed at night. She won't cuddle me EVER. BUT she will run to me when it's bedtime and she's not ready. Now that we have pup #2, our Dane, she gets really jealous. It's funny how they compete for my attention now. Skuy is 100% my dog, but she can't stand it when he gets lovin'. She loves me when she's in the mood. :)

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 10:57:40 am »
Wonderful News! Glad it worked! Mommys deserve Love too!
cuttles

Icerotti

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 11:01:10 am »
Good to hear ;D

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 07:29:05 pm »
Now see, if you're single, you don't run into issues like this. LOL They eat when I feed them because no one else is gonna do it...  :D