Author Topic: Afraid of the Dark  (Read 2545 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Afraid of the Dark
« on: November 21, 2005, 09:56:20 am »
well, good ole cape cod got nailed last night with a pretty bad rain storm.  It was about 4 am, and i noticed that the power went out, because the two fans that i have on his crate went off.  No joke, as soon as the fumble realized he was hot, he woke up and then saw that it was dark, and boy did he start crying!!  earlier this weekend i moved his crate to the other corner of my room where there is no heater and no real light, and he cried all night as well.  My sister and i came to the conclusion that he has to be afraid of the dark! 
I think it's kinda funny that such a big boy is afraid of the dark!  hehehe! he's so cute though! he looked so disheveled this morning.. i had to get him his own candle to make him stop crying! 
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Afraid of the Dark
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 11:15:25 am »
Hey, I am on the south shore too, just not as far down as the cape LOL...Gutta love the rain but they say snow for turkey day.

I am sure you know, if the dog acts scared, dont comfort the animal because it reinforces the dog to be scared of the storm :)
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 01:52:58 pm »
oh i know! i am sort of excited to see how fumble will react in the snow for the first time..
oh no worries about the cooing him or anything.. my sister and i were more worried about a spark that we saw outside, and he was crying but we were outside doing a search!  nothing was wrong w/ us.. but at least it helped us not to reinforce the behavior!  he calmed down a little once i got back in bed.. but for such a big dog, it's kinda funny that he's such a scaredie cat! lol...
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 02:39:05 pm »
the bigger the dog, the bigger the baby LOL...
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka